Lane Johnson restructures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lane Johnson restructures

Sure feels like they're making room for Bell.

he also tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/LaneJohnson65/st...90877436399616

Comment

is this the best time to be a philly fan? Are we close?

Comment

This is the way to do it

Take from Peter to pay Paul. Good move.
        I'm off to meet some people from Goldman-Sachs. Toodles.

Comment

It's Peters' turn to do the right thing now. His contract is way to rich at the moment and if he wants a ring (that he is actually playing in the game for) he should do the same!

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            Hope not. They could use that money to sign him to maybe get two or three really solid players on defense and offense.

They need another DE, need a DT and need a WR or two. They also need a linebacker or two.

RB is a priority because they can't do what they did last year and just be completely unprepared, but I think spending a draft pick and then maybe going after someone like Latavius Murray and/or TJ Yeldon is probably the smarter move.
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I agree. I believe that yesterday you cited the cap as a reason to shop Bennett. But I think Bennett could be that DE that you say they need, while a cheaper FA and one of their 2nd round picks could be the solution at RB.

Comment

I agree. I believe that yesterday you cited the cap as a reason to shop Bennett. But I think Bennett could be that DE that you say they need, while a cheaper FA and one of their 2nd round picks could be the solution at RB.
                I think they’ll be out-bid by the Raiders, even if they do want him...

Comment

I will be very surprised if they sign Le'Veon Bell. I think they would have flipped Foles for a lesser pick if that were the case because Bell is likely also a 3rd round comp.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                    I will be very surprised if they sign Le'Veon Bell. I think they would have flipped Foles for a lesser pick if that were the case because Bell is likely also a 3rd round comp.
                    I just keep going back to the pats and the eagles from 2017. the last two years they were the best overall teams in the league from top to bottom.

I don't think giving Bell that money helps them stay that way. Just spread that money out to a couple good players instead and it makes the overall team stronger.

People sometimes just get hyped for a name.

I mean, they could go Latavius Murray, TJ Yeldon and then "draft pick" and I would be fine with that at running back. Nothing to make your jaw drop but Murray is a solid RB like LG and TJ Yeldon is a good pass catching back with some speed and ability to run the ball. Wouldn't cost a ton either and they could use that money to address LB, DT, WR and whatever else (maybe safety depth).
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Not in love with those names, but i generally agree.

I actually think Ajayi, Clement, FA and draft pick is the most likely option. I'm not even entirely sure Clement makes it. Ajayi depends on his own health and also what else is available.

Comment

Not in love with those names, but i generally agree.

I actually think Ajayi, Clement, FA and draft pick is the most likely option. I'm not even entirely sure Clement makes it. Ajayi depends on his own health and also what else is available.
                        Agree, Ajayi played well, Clement is a great weapon, But they still have others on the roster and then draft a young guy. I read they were interested in Duke Johnson, NO!

Comment

That’s assuming they got any offers at all. I think once Denver went Flacco, Foles’ market was one team. There’s a reason Howie made the announcement more than two weeks before he had to. If he’d been entertaining serious offers, he wouldn’t have.

Edit: Sorry, Roseman announced one week early. Didn't realize today was the day.
                          Last edited by The Duck; 03-05-2019, 07:03 PM.

Comment

would love to see One splash player!

and then fill in the blanks with Busts Chumps and Jagoffs!

thats the Eagle waaaayyyy!
                            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                            "BFTR"

Comment

...created 6.7 mil in cap space.

Well done, Howie.

Comment

Working...
                              X