No announcement yet.

KOALA WATCH!! Ross tucker says....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bottom line -- you don't cut him in order to keep Chance Warmack or a 4th RB.

no way in hell we'd get him back. I'm sure the FO knows this as well.

Comment

He's not getting cut

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

I think he has earned a spot on the roster and can be a serviceable backup this season.
      Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
      bottom line -- you don't cut him in order to keep Chance Warmack or a 4th RB.

no way in hell we'd get him back. I'm sure the FO knows this as well.
      He'll be on the 53, but I'm not sure he'll be active on gamedays at least early on. I don't know if he's a "serviceable backup" in the sense that he could step in and be more proficient than say, Vaitai or I guess Pryor (that ones probably closer) in a pinch.

Comment

He was the only reason I watched the game. His technique still needs work and polishing but athletically he is very gifted.

It is against scrubs but scrubs that probably have 8+ years experience playing football as opposed to him having about 4 months.

So for him to even be able to do well against said scrubs is pretty amazing, considering the first preseason game he got blown up on his first play.

I think that is why people are excited. He seems to be understanding the game and if his understanding/technique match his physical ability then he could end up being pretty.

It took Peters a couple years to become a good left tackle, but he at least had experience playing football and even understood concepts of blocking at a tight-end.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
          He'll be on the 53, but I'm not sure he'll be active on gamedays at least early on. I don't know if he's a "serviceable backup" in the sense that he could step in and be more proficient than say, Vaitai or I guess Pryor (that ones probably closer) in a pinch.
          When I said "serviceable backup this season" I was thinking along the lines of at some point this season, not immediately.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

At the end of the day, if this seventh-rounder pans out (along with Pryor), they may end up with helluva draft for the offensive line and maybe overall. My gut tells me Douglas (not Howie) is behind all of this.

Comment

It's a ridiculous hop. I didn't look closely enough to see if it could be used as a tell for pass vs run, but it's an interesting thought.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                I'm not expert but based on what I saw last night, physically he's incredible. And mentally, he seems to be a real pro-athlete capable of learning/refining his skillset to get better. He's improved 10x over the last month but playing against mostly fringe NFL players. Can he gain a career of instincts to play a position at the highest level of maybe 60 people in the world? We'll see.
                He definitely has the strength and power in his technique. His weakness does seem to be with speed rushers, but I'm sure he will eventually iron that out. He's off to a tremendous start, though.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                  I think he has earned a spot on the roster and can be a serviceable backup this season.
                  That alone is mind-blowing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                    That alone is mind-blowing.
                    He has to learn NFL technique and most importantly how not to be called for penalties. I'm not a rugby expert but I suspect they don't call penalties there like they do in the NFL.

I have no doubt he has the physical tools.
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

This guy's only been playing football for a handful of months compared to guys that have been doing it their whole lives.

No one in the NFL can get by on athleticism/physical tools alone. Mailata has the makings of it all.

He's also being molded by one of the best offensive line coaches in the NFL and being coached up by a future HOF.

I'd put money on him being the franchise blindside protector of the future.

Comment

Working...
                      X