The American Flag now proudly flys at full staff over the WH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The American Flag now proudly flys at full staff over the WH

Jesus H. Christ...…..is there truly no depth to which this petty, asshole of an Orange Cumstain cannot sink?

Obviously not.
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

I really wish this board wouldn’t permit the political stuff.

I waited eight years to pull the lever against Hillary Clinton, and then in November 2016, I had to pull it for her.

That being said, if you look at the archives of this board and back to 2008, the rank hypocrisy in these McCain threads is stunning.

Comment

While the political posts don't bother me(or interest me either) - I seem to recall a period on the bored when threads were shut down once they went down that path.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
        I really wish this board wouldn’t permit the political stuff.

I waited eight years to pull the lever against Hillary Clinton, and then in November 2016, I had to pull it for her.

That being said, if you look at the archives of this board and back to 2008, the rank hypocrisy in these McCain threads is stunning.
        I'm pretty sure I referred to McCain as honorable back in 2008. I just hated his selection of a running mate.

https://igglephans.com/iggboard/show...68&postcount=8

P.S. Trump relented; the flag is back at half mast.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
          While the political posts don't bother me(or interest me either) - I seem to recall a period on the bored when threads were shut down once they went down that path.
          In general threads like that do get shut down or at the very least made un-bumpable.

In this case I don't see what is wrong with giving respect to John McCain. It would be nice to keep partisanship out of it.
          --------

Comment

I get why you let folks post OT political stuff here to a point. It’s not a football board.

Comment

PPS: I'm using the term "half mast" instead of "half staff" b/c McCain served in the US Navy and is from a family of Navy people.
              --------

Comment

i understand all three of your points. that being said, i understand why people may feel differently about mccain from how they did 10 years ago. maybe they didn't think he was a hero then. but, compared to a president who prefers his heroes not captured, i can understand why they appreciate mccain now.
                Last edited by art vandelay; 08-27-2018, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
                  Jesus H. Christ...…..is there truly no depth to which this petty, asshole of an Orange Cumstain cannot sink?

Obviously not.
                  Go back to 2008 when he ran against Obama and see how bad he got slammed now the guy is going to speak at his funeral, Hitlary would have had this country in ruins by now. PRESIDENT TRUMP has balls and let's nobody walk on us and the economy is better now than is has been in 30 years, so enjoy that extra money you got while bitching.

Comment

I've seen people lauding McCain who were literally wishing death on him on Twitter when they thought he was going to vote in favor of Trump's healthcare bill.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
                      Go back to 2008 when he ran against Obama and see how bad he got slammed now the guy is going to speak at his funeral, Hitlary would have had this country in ruins by now. PRESIDENT TRUMP has balls and let's nobody walk on us and the economy is better now than is has been in 30 years, so enjoy that extra money you got while bitching.
                      Bwah! you sure hit all the notes there. The “President Trump has balls” line was the show stopper for me. This is Rickles level schtick!
                      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Enjoy your internet anonymity dipshit.

Another fucking chickenshit heard from.

What’s your service record asshole? Or did you have bone spurs too?
                        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                          I've seen people lauding McCain who were literally wishing death on him on Twitter when they thought he was going to vote in favor of Trump's healthcare bill.
                          I guess if someone was going to take your family's health insurance away, you wouldn't have a strong reaction.

That said McCain was a mixed bag for me. Didn't agree with many of his positions but liked him on campaign finance reform. Overall he appeared more honorable than most politicians for what that's worth. Seemed like he genuinely wanted to work in a bipartisan way. The 2000 McCain was the best version I think. And the "thumbs down guy" at the end.

Flying the flag at half-mast for the week was a no-brainer whatever your politics.
                          Last edited by Maniac; 08-28-2018, 01:25 PM.
                          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

You missed my point, which was to point out the hypocrisy of much of the politics-obsessed Twitter screamers (that is a non-partisan observation, as it certainly cuts both ways). Wishing death on someone, in my humble opinion, is an unhealthy reaction in just about any scenario.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Hypocrisy becomes more complex when the propriety of not speaking ill of the dead is added to the mix.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X