Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone catch me up. Why are we fighting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone catch me up. Why are we fighting?

Are the Reps mad at the Dems for showing respect for someone they didn't like when he ran for president?

Or are the Dems mad at the Dems for showing respect for a Rep?

Or do we really just hate respect?
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

They're for whatever the other party is against. Although we're stepping into a weird moment where we're too busy fighting over the rules of engagement to actually engage.

Comment

You must not be following enough extreme leftists and alt-right fascists on twitter. They have all the answers to questions you haven't even considered, or even needed answered.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
        Are the Reps mad at the Dems for showing respect for someone they didn't like when he ran for president?

Or are the Dems mad at the Dems for showing respect for a Rep?

Or do we really just hate respect?
        The blame lies at the feet of Rush Limbaugh and Roger Aisles. Were it not for the toxic impact of conservative talk radio and Fox "News" this nation would not be nearly as divided.

The issue today is that Republicans, especially rabid Trump fanboys and fangirls, view liberals as enemies rather than fellow citizens deserving of respect, or at least tolerance.

Comment

Appears to have been about having a classless dipshit in the White House who couldn't pay traditional respect to a senior Republican senator he didn't like until he got smacked around by most everybody in the country.
          Last edited by Maniac; 08-28-2018, 01:48 PM.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

You know what pisses me off about all this? This country's working class people are battling it out over Billionaires (Clinton, Trump, etc) who have no idea what it's like to live paycheck to paycheck like 80% or more of all Americans. They are not in college debt, have no medical bills or expenses, have maids and chefs to clean and cook for them and we fight like idiots over them. Sickening....

Back to football...

Comment

It seems a lot more everyday people are starting to get involved in politics, so maybe they'll start filtering in over the next few years. I DO think you need to have experience in politics to be President. Look at what having an outsider got us.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I think it's OK to have an outsider at times just not an egomaniac Billionaire.

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                It seems a lot more everyday people are starting to get involved in politics, so maybe they'll start filtering in over the next few years. I DO think you need to have experience in politics to be President. Look at what having an outsider got us.

Comment

A LEADER WHO HAS NO IDEA WHAT TWEETER IS AND WON'T FIGHT WITH, OR PUT DOWN EVERYBODY HE POSSIBLY CAN WOULD HELP.
                  Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 08-28-2018, 02:56 PM.
                  "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

We need another lawyer as President. We need another lawyer in politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                      We need another lawyer as President. We need another lawyer in politics.
                      If the past 19 months have taught us anything it is that, regardless of their politics, it is important that the POTUS be highly intelligent, well educated, pragmatic, and thoughtful. Many lawyers fit that bill.

Comment

I think it has more to do with Trump's personal style of running his business (chaos, pitting people against each other, etc.) which does not translate well to governance.

To contrast, Governor Wolf, who got off to a rocky start, seems to have figured things out and is able to work with his legislature.

Also, if you run a private business, you aren't really accountable to anyone. If you are, say, the CEO of a publicly held company, you at least have experience being accountable to a board, shareholders, mutual fund managers, etc.
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Having lawyers deal with laws seems like sound reasoning.
                          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Exactly he’s done everything with reckless abandonment his whole life - what did we expect?

What’s ironic is that Donny’s huge ego is probably going to land his silly ass in jail... couldn’t happen to a finer “person” in my opinion.

Comment

You’re advocating having, one profession and really one prodomient economic class by default, represent Americans in government.

We already have a plutocracy for the most part. I’ll concede that much.

Comment

Working...
                              X