Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KOALA WATCH!! Ross tucker says....

https://twitter.com/rosstuckernfl/st...021886976?s=21

Totally amazed at what he has accomplished in one offseason, maybe coming in here with a clean slate made him that much more teachable. Who needs 4 stinkin' years of college football?
    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

This fucker pans out and Danny Twatkins is forgiven ... even if Douglas is responsible.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Yeah, I want more then a feel good story, I want an ass kicking left tackle.
        On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
          This fucker pans out and Danny Twatkins is forgiven ... even if Douglas is responsible.
          He's already better than Twatkins ever was.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

You're better than Twatkins ever was.

Comment

You mentioned you were going to keep your eyes on him last night. Do you agree with this assessment? I didn't watch the entire game but I wouldn't say I was wowed by him playing against backups. Putting him in the same sentence as Peters seems a bit premature. I get that he's new to the game but we're talking about one of the hardest positions to fill in football. I think we need to pump the breaks on this one.

Comment

I have to wait for the NFL Network replay of the game today. I admit I’m pretty much obsessed with Mailata’s progress as well.

Comment

I don't think anybody's saying that he's Peters 2.0 right now, but he has made tremendous strides, and there is a ton of upside. Enough value to keep him on the 53 rather than risk losing him via practice squad cherry pickers.

By the way, I'm a little bugged by his "kick slide" (as Mycock calls it), which is somewhat over exaggerated...but that's Peters' style, and I'm okay with it if it work for him.

Comment

I'm not expert but based on what I saw last night, physically he's incredible. And mentally, he seems to be a real pro-athlete capable of learning/refining his skillset to get better. He's improved 10x over the last month but playing against mostly fringe NFL players. Can he gain a career of instincts to play a position at the highest level of maybe 60 people in the world? We'll see.

Comment

I agree they should protect him because of the position he could fill. I just think he's a guy making progress. That's it. Hopefully, he keeps getting better.

Comment

I'm not qualified to grade a left tackle but seemed to be pushing guys around more than being pushed around himself on the handful of plays I focused on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                          I agree they should protect him because of the position he could fill. I just think he's a guy making progress. That's it. Hopefully, he keeps getting better.
                          I would just say he's better than a lot of OL the Eagles have drafted and have made the roster in the past.

Saying he's going to be a J Peters is assuming a lot at this point.

I think he has earned a spot on the roster and can be a serviceable backup this season.
                          --------
                          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                            I don't think anybody's saying that he's Peters 2.0 right now, but he has made tremendous strides, and there is a ton of upside. Enough value to keep him on the 53 rather than risk losing him via practice squad cherry pickers.

By the way, I'm a little bugged by his "kick slide" (as Mycock calls it), which is somewhat over exaggerated...but that's Peters' style, and I'm okay with it if it work for him.
                            HE'S GOTTA MAKE THE 53. LIKE YOU SAID, SOMEONE WILL SNATCH HIM UP. AS FOR THAT DANCE MOVE, THE GOOD DEF ENDS WILL EAT THAT UP, THAT WILL STOP.
                            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I think of the Curley Shuffle every time he comes out of his stance on a pass play. That left leg EXTENDS, man.

Comment

Working...
                              X