IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 01-08-2019, 09:49 AM   #1
art vandelay
de Madrid

art vandelay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Enjoy this

The Iggles are SB champs and are in the divisional round. Following a TD on 4th and goal, our QB is the highest rated postseason passer ever. This is the best time ever to be an Iggle phan.

-Dominic Rhodes
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2019, 10:15 AM  
Posted in reply to art vandelay's post "Enjoy this"
jimbo

Cool

Level of agreement 100%
jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2019, 11:48 AM  
BirdsInNC

My girlfriend and I got together three years ago, and not being much of a football fan at all she took up the colors and started to really learn the game. She now knows a good bit about the Eagles and the history, for better or worse. As we were watching the highlights (yet again) of the game Sunday, I told her that this is the best time to be an Eagles fan. Years ago that ball would've bounced the other way. It's starting to really feel like the years and years of the football gods hating us are behind us. What a time to be alive and be a Birds fan.

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.
BirdsInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2019, 11:56 AM  
Posted in reply to BirdsInNC's post starting "My girlfriend and I got together three..."
RSE
Señor Counsel

Between the Eagles and Clemson — my daughter’s fiancé is in Ph.D at Clemson, they live in Clemson, and my daughter is a patrolman in Anderson — football has literally been a Zen experience for me recently.
RSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2019, 12:06 PM  
Posted in reply to RSE's post starting "Between the Eagles and Clemson — my..."
BirdsInNC

Oh yeah, lots of happy Clemson fans around these parts this morning. Even some Gamecock fans surprisingly.

Unread 01-08-2019, 12:12 PM  
Posted in reply to BirdsInNC's post starting "Oh yeah, lots of happy Clemson fans..."
RSE
Señor Counsel

My daughter texted me last night to tell me there was line of a thousand people outside a sporting goods store in Anderson.
Unread 01-08-2019, 01:22 PM  
Posted in reply to RSE's post starting "My daughter texted me last night to..."
Ellsworth

Dexter Lawrence is a local kid from wake forest but as you know was suspended for last night's game.

there are a lot of clemson fans around the triangle in general but appear to be even more after he went there out of HS. at least in the North Wake County area.

Told my boys last night they can't be clemson fans though b/c it's a bandwagon move at this point. Like all the seahawk fans around here now tyin in through Russell Wilson's years at NCST.
Ellsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2019, 01:48 PM  
Posted in reply to BirdsInNC's post starting "My girlfriend and I got together three..."
art vandelay
de Madrid

art vandelay is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I met my girlfriend during the 2015 season and she's been following all of this with me. We had to do long distance for a while and it was pretty special that we ended up watching the SB together.

She has no dog in the fight but it's interesting that after Foles led us back against Houston, her first words were "Wentz NEVER could have done that." She said the same thing about the 4th down play on Sunday too.

-Dominic Rhodes
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2019, 02:03 PM  
Posted in reply to art vandelay's post starting "Yeah, I met my girlfriend during the..."
BirdsInNC

Nice. Yeah my girlfriend came into the picture the spring we drafted Wentz so she's been around ever since the Eagles' fortunes started to take a positive turn. Took her to her first game that year. That game was the return of Sammy Sleeves and the Viqueens. Helluva first game. Her first time in Philly actually. Good times.

Unread 01-08-2019, 02:45 PM  
brotherharv

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
The Iggles are SB champs and are in the divisional round. Following a TD on 4th and goal, our QB is the highest rated postseason passer ever. This is the best time ever to be an Iggle phan.
Somebody posted last week if if would be angering the football gods to wear our SB 52 apparel, I was drenched in it during the game, official hat, Nike Elite #9 jersey, slipper socks, lighted Christmas ornament on next to me. Either way I was and always will wear this shit proudly. No matter what.
brotherharv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2019, 08:45 AM  
JuTMSY4

Yeah man, I agree.

Drink this shit in.
JuTMSY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2019, 12:19 PM  
Posted in reply to JuTMSY4's post starting "Yeah man, I agree. Drink this shit..."
headknocker

This is pretty much what I told my ten year old grandson who was watching the game with us on Sunday night. I just basically told him to enjoy every stinkin' minute of this because when I was his age ( during the late 60's-early 70's) the Eagles were flat-out brutal. By far my favorite player back then was Harold Jackson and I became a pretty big Rams fan for a handful of years when he was traded away.If you didn't have a secondary team to root for in those days the "NFL Experience" was pretty damn miserable around these parts.
headknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2019, 01:48 PM  
Posted in reply to brotherharv's post starting "Somebody posted last week if if would..."
Cheesesteak

Cheesesteak is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherharv View Post
Somebody posted last week if if would be angering the football gods to wear our SB 52 apparel, I was drenched in it during the game, official hat, Nike Elite #9 jersey, slipper socks, lighted Christmas ornament on next to me. Either way I was and always will wear this shit proudly. No matter what.
Yup...that was me and I had my gear on
Unread 01-09-2019, 04:32 PM  
Posted in reply to BirdsInNC's post starting "Nice. Yeah my girlfriend came into the..."
AthensEagle

Time for a contest over whose significant other is the best Eagles fan. Since my girlfriend is only known here for wearing a Fuck Da Eagles shirt, I guess I'm out.
AthensEagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2019, 05:51 PM  
RSE
Señor Counsel

Had lunch with a banker today (won’t say what bank but it rhymes with Hells Cargo). She said she had been in Buffalo for a year and a half. I asked her where she was from before that. She said Philadelphia and I said E A G L E S EAGLES!