No announcement yet.

Machado watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard an interview today from a Baltimore reporter who stated Machado was the best defensive third baseman he's ever seen. I can't think he accidentally forgot about Brooks Robinson. I certainly wouldn't hate another Mike Schmidt in town. Also, I prefer power on the corners.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      Exactly
      You can't write these guys off already.

Comment

Not sure why. They’ve both been in the league seven years, on a 162 game basis most of Machado’s hitting statistics are better than or close to Harper’s. Harper walks much more which drives a better OBP. He is also a certified douchebag.

Comment

Yeah but he wants to play shortstop and someone will give him the chance to do so.

Comment

Who's writing them off ... Kingery belongs at second and neither will likely ever sniff Machadoville.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

So who's your third baseman?

Comment

Franco for now

Comment

Exactly

Comment

The fuck is your point ... that they should keep Manny fucking Machado off short because Franco will stay on the field and the guys at short currently are no better offensively and worse defensively than Franco at his position?
                    Last edited by slag; 07-16-2018, 09:49 PM.

Comment

I'm saying this team needs a third baseman. Specifically, one with power since Klentak signed that turd at first. I know what Franco gives this team. I have no idea about Crawford and Kingery. I don't want to go too far off topic but bringing in Santana fucked this whole lineup up.

Comment

I'd adjust the clusterfuck for Machado on a long term deal

Comment

Yeah. . I'm not turning Machado down on the merits of having room for jp Crawford and kingery.

Comment

Let's not forget this team is the third-worst defensive team in baseball (I thought Santana was good defensively?). I get that defense is not the top priority but a Gold Glove third baseman wouldn't hurt.

The good news is the way Coco Nuts likes the shift half the time the third baseman plays short anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                              Yeah. . I'm not turning Machado down on the merits of having room for jp Crawford and kingery.
                              Now, now. You know that's not what I'm saying.

Comment

Are these serious points?

At worst, Machado doesn't run out balls (or something) in the same vein as Jimmy Rollins (that turned out well) or Odubel Herrera (seems to be turning out well too). That shit is always overblown.

Machado at short is an instant defensive upgrade over SS right now. It's not close. He's around league average at short (defensively) and the Phillies are far below league average defensively.

Harper over Machado? I don't think anyone can have a strong opinion either way. But, Bryce is hitting .214/.365/.833 this year.

Here's another similar Phillie's slash: .209/.351/.747 (Carlos Santana). Also, Machado plays a premium position. Harper isn't Mike Trout and the gap is widening. Phillies could just have both (Harper and Machado) next year though.

If you're asking me whether I'd take Franco/Machado or Machado/Crawford or Kingery I think it's Franco and this season I don't think it's close. Maik is finally having a decent season. He'll never be the stud we want, but he's above average.
                                Last edited by JuTMSY4; 07-17-2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X