Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They had too, Houston was going to take him, so Job well done

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
    They moved up 3 spots to get a guy they wanted. Give me a break...
    small price to pay for the Possible LT of the future. I like the pick and it leaves the door open for...........
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

Schefter reported that the eagles tried to trade up to #3 with the Jets. I can't imagine how much that would have cost and I wonder if they were trying to get the DT that the jets ultimately ended up drafting.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Why?

Guys get hurt. You need a swing tackle that can fill in when needed without getting your QB killed.

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
          small price to pay for the Possible LT of the future. I like the pick and it leaves the door open for...........
          Yup Houston had to take the next guy on their list. I can appreciate that they went up and got their guy.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
            Was the last time they picked a tackle in the first round with two starters in place Spongebob? Heh, maybe this guy will play guard this year. That's super easy.
            LOL.

Comment

So you're saying Dillard was their 3rd choice....
              Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                This was my exact point.

Comment

The Eagles wanted a consensus top-3 pick over a consensus top-25 pick.

If they draft Miles Sanders, I'll break my TV knowing that they would have preferred Josh Jacobs.
                  Last edited by art vandelay; 04-26-2019, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                    Schefter reported that the eagles tried to trade up to #3 with the Jets. I can't imagine how much that would have cost and I wonder if they were trying to get the DT that the jets ultimately ended up drafting.
                    I can't find that anywhere. I saw they tried to get wilkins from Miami, but the jets?

Comment

I liked Jacobs in that spot too but its hard to
                      argue against taking a dancing bear with a mid-to-late first rounder.

Dillard looks real promising and I fully expect him to see the field, and perhaps start a game or two, in relief of Peters in 2019.

This move doesn’t effect Mailata in the short term one bit, either.
                      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
                        No a bad pick but a first round pick that is not going to play this year, also you have Milata and Pryor you were high on. With Sweat and Brown still on the board I think they should have went a different route with that pick, we will see what day 2 has in store.
                        Are you gonna bank on a guy whose only been playing football for 1 year and Matt fucking Pryor to protect Carson’s blindside?

Vaitai is a non-factor because he’s either getting traded or paid by someone else within the next year.

I don’t know if Dillard is the guy, but if he really was a top-10 prospect on Howie/Joe’s board, then that was excellent value and taking advantage of a rare opportunity to add a blue chip tackle that late in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                          I can't find that anywhere. I saw they tried to get wilkins from Miami, but the jets?
                          he was on 97.5 this morning but I got the report second hand. He could have meant the dolphins but that was what was reported.
                          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                            He is going to play this year. Have you watched JP in the last 3 years?
                            So Big V, Malata and Pryor are what ?

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
                              Are you gonna bank on a guy whose only been playing football for 1 year and Matt fucking Pryor to protect Carson’s blindside?

Vaitai is a non-factor because he’s either getting traded or paid by someone else within the next year.

I don’t know if Dillard is the guy, but if he really was a top-10 prospect on Howie/Joe’s board, then that was excellent value and taking advantage of a rare opportunity to add a blue chip tackle that late in the draft.
                              So basically what you are saying is Jason Peters will be hurt and someone needs to step in for Carson ? then why waste millions on Peters when they know he will never make it through a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                                Meh. I read some reports that they tried to trade up with Miami for wilkins. Hopefully Dillard pans out
                                https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...first-round-dt
                                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                                X