IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 03-05-2015, 11:01 AM  
Posted in reply to nerd's post starting "PFF is garbage. We all know that he..."
JuTMSY4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd View Post
PFF is garbage. We all know that he didn't play well last year...but he's not the 54th best running back in football.

This is the same site that ranks Brandon Graham as like a top 10 pass rusher.
pro football focus and football outsiders are different sites.
JuTMSY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2015, 11:11 AM  
Posted in reply to Melchior's post starting "Rex Ryan already doesn't have a 1st..."
Eagle In Ohio

Eagle In Ohio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What's it hurt to ask ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
Rex Ryan already doesn't have a 1st round pick. He wanted to make an offensive splash and they've got another ILB that has played well for them. If you think Rex was going to trade away MORE picks when he already doesn't have a 1st rounder, you're nuts.
That's all I'm saying. Again, if it were me, the deal doesn't get done without an extra pick. Coulda been a 5th, maybe even a 6th, but I'm going to START at a second. Once again, if it were ME, i need to have the pick or there's no deal. because Alonso is coming off of an ACL tear, I want a little something extra if I'm going to give you a player who has a proven track record of productivity.
Unread 03-05-2015, 11:13 AM  
Posted in reply to Eagle In Ohio's post "What's it hurt to ask ?"
TerpEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
That's all I'm saying. Again, if it were me, the deal doesn't get done without an extra pick. Coulda been a 5th, maybe even a 6th, but I'm going to START at a second. Once again, if it were ME, i need to have the pick or there's no deal. because Alonso is coming off of an ACL tear, I want a little something extra if I'm going to give you a player who has a proven track record of productivity.
Have you considered that McCoy's contract was so prohibitive that there wasn't much of a market for him? Many teams may have expected him to just be released and signed him for less money and no draft picks.

That's speculation of course, but it's a reasonable consideration.
Unread 03-05-2015, 11:15 AM  
Posted in reply to nerd's post starting "PFF is garbage. We all know that he..."
TerpEagle

Quote:
PFF is garbage. We all know that he didn't play well last year...but he's not the 54th best running back in football.

This is the same site that ranks Brandon Graham as like a top 10 pass rusher.
Was he the 2nd most valuable RB in football going into 2015, let alone 2015-2017?

http://overthecap.com/position/running-back
Unread 03-05-2015, 11:18 AM  
Posted in reply to JuTMSY4's post starting "pro football focus and football..."
nerd

nerd is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
pro football focus and football outsiders are different sites.
you highlighted PFF on there as well as Football Outsiders.
Unread 03-05-2015, 11:21 AM  
Posted in reply to TerpEagle's post starting "Was he the 2nd most valuable RB in..."
nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpEagle View Post
Was he the 2nd most valuable RB in football going into 2015, let alone 2015-2017?

http://overthecap.com/position/running-back
didn't say he was...but I would say he's definitely top 5...and after they got lane back he was second in the league in rushing to murray.

Not saying he didn't have a down year...and that much money for anyone other than a qb is dumb...but at the same time...this is a running offense first and foremost. We'll see how the plug and play running back thing is going to work.

I do think that shady wasn't really the optimal back in the system even though he was fantastic in 2014...they need the 1 cut and go runner for this offense.

At the same time...the eagles gave him that contract...so they are basically at fault as well.
Unread 03-05-2015, 11:27 AM  
Posted in reply to nerd's post starting "didn't say he was...but I would say..."
TerpEagle

Quote:
didn't say he was...but I would say he's definitely top 5...and after they got lane back he was second in the league in rushing to murray.

Not saying he didn't have a down year...and that much money for anyone other than a qb is dumb...but at the same time...this is a running offense first and foremost. We'll see how the plug and play running back thing is going to work.

I do think that shady wasn't really the optimal back in the system even though he was fantastic in 2014...they need the 1 cut and go runner for this offense.

At the same time...the eagles gave him that contract...so they are basically at fault as well.
I don't think it was so bad for the Eagles. For McCoy maybe, but not the Eagles.

They gave him a contract that they could get out of relatively easily after 3 years. His best season was in 2013. His 3rd worst/4th best was last year - the year that most of the dead money finally came off the contract.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/McCoLe01.htm

I'm basing the yearly rankings on AV (average value) but look at total yards, TDs, etc. and it makes sense.
Unread 03-05-2015, 11:28 AM  
Posted in reply to TerpEagle's post starting "Have you considered that McCoy's..."
Eagle In Ohio

Eagle In Ohio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default That's definitely possible

Quote:
Have you considered that McCoy's contract was so prohibitive that there wasn't much of a market for him? Many teams may have expected him to just be released and signed him for less money and no draft picks.

That's speculation of course, but it's a reasonable consideration.
but I'm still trying to get as much as I can from the Bills, and I'm going to try to use Alonso's injury as leverage. Again, this is just what I would do. Chip has his own philosophy and methods, I just don't agree with how this particular one went down.
Unread 03-05-2015, 11:34 AM   #109
TerpEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
but I'm still trying to get as much as I can from the Bills, and I'm going to try to use Alonso's injury as leverage. Again, this is just what I would do. Chip has his own philosophy and methods, I just don't agree with how this particular one went down.
I get your point, but I think you're making the assumption that they didn't get the most they could (or even try) because you think he's worth more.

Maybe he was so surprised that he was able to get that much from the Bills he pulled the trigger quickly but to say that they didn't negotiate is speculation.

I don't know but everything I've seen so far is that Kelly is calculating so I find that hard to believe.

Also, if Alonso went to any other school this would be half as "shocking" as it is right now. Yes, Kelly likes players he coached probably because he knows more about them so they're safer bets.
Unread 03-05-2015, 11:36 AM  
Posted in reply to TerpEagle's post starting "I don't think it was so bad for the..."
nerd

Quote:
I don't think it was so bad for the Eagles. For McCoy maybe, but not the Eagles.

They gave him a contract that they could get out of relatively easily after 3 years. His best season was in 2013. His 3rd worst/4th best was last year - the year that most of the dead money finally came off the contract.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/McCoLe01.htm

I'm basing the yearly rankings on AV (average value) but look at total yards, TDs, etc. and it makes sense.
I had my dates mixed up too..meant to put that 2013 was a great year for him...not last year.
Unread 03-05-2015, 11:40 AM  
Posted in reply to nerd's post starting "I had my dates mixed up too..meant to..."
TerpEagle

Quote:
I had my dates mixed up too..meant to put that 2013 was a great year for him...not last year.
Ahh, yeah I figured you meant 2013. I still think the contract wasn't so bad for the Eagles. They rewarded a young player and got his best year while paying off his guaranteed money and as the guaranteed money was paid off he showed signs of decline.

I will say that I expect McCoy to have a pretty good year this year if he stays healthy, etc. He should be extra-motivated by the idea that he's getting old and losing value. I don't know if he would have that motivation if he was still with the Eagles.
Unread 03-05-2015, 12:03 PM  
Posted in reply to TerpEagle's post starting "Ahh, yeah I figured you meant 2013. I..."
nerd

Quote:
Ahh, yeah I figured you meant 2013. I still think the contract wasn't so bad for the Eagles. They rewarded a young player and got his best year while paying off his guaranteed money and as the guaranteed money was paid off he showed signs of decline.

I will say that I expect McCoy to have a pretty good year this year if he stays healthy, etc. He should be extra-motivated by the idea that he's getting old and losing value. I don't know if he would have that motivation if he was still with the Eagles.
their o-line isn't too bad up there...and i know what they are going to do...power run, hope that cassell or manuel don't turn the ball over and then play light's out defense.
Unread 03-05-2015, 12:11 PM  
Posted in reply to nerd's post starting "their o-line isn't too bad up..."
Greenstealth

Quote:
their o-line isn't too bad up there...and i know what they are going to do...power run, hope that cassell or manuel don't turn the ball over and then play light's out defense.
What exactly are you basing that on?
Greenstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2015, 12:20 PM  
Posted in reply to Greenstealth's post starting "What exactly are you basing that on?"
nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstealth View Post
What exactly are you basing that on?
watching a couple games and seeing their talent. they aren't amazing but they aren't total poop either. probably better than the o-line the eagles trudged out with molk, tobin and gardner starting

they just got incognito...and while a scumbag...he is a fairly solid guard.
Unread 03-05-2015, 12:25 PM  
Posted in reply to nerd's post starting "watching a couple games and seeing..."
Greenstealth

Quote:
watching a couple games and seeing their talent. they aren't amazing but they aren't total poop either. probably better than the o-line the eagles trudged out with molk, tobin and gardner starting

they just got incognito...and while a scumbag...he is a fairly solid guard.
I'm just curious because everything I read about their running game and o line had them ranked at like 25 and worse. They averaged 3.7 ypc last year as a team. Not good.

Last edited by Greenstealth; 03-05-2015 at 12:25 PM.
Greenstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2015, 12:32 PM  
Posted in reply to Greenstealth's post starting "I'm just curious because everything I..."
wynnron123

Default If and when Shady becomes a Bill

I think Buffalo is going after OL in the draft and FA
wynnron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2015, 12:35 PM  
Posted in reply to Greenstealth's post starting "I'm just curious because everything I..."
nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstealth View Post
I'm just curious because everything I read about their running game and o line had them ranked at like 25 and worse. They averaged 3.7 ypc last year as a team. Not good.
nope, completely understand. Cordy Glenn was very good in 2013. A top left tackle...had an illness and he missed all of training camp and was off all year. Left guard was an issue but Incognito isn't bad...actually, he's pretty solid. Their center, wood, is solid but not astounding. I read that they are going hard after Iupati for right guard.

I still think it's a fairly solid o-line...and if they get iupati they could be really good. If their qb stinks though...yeah, shady might not have a chance.

Tags
emo in ohio, wangnut in ohio