IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 03-04-2015, 02:21 PM   #21
Greenstealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
big deal. when Banner was here, and they were cap champions, hoarding every single penny, that didn't bring a trophy. When they finaly decided to go all in, and went into Dream Team mode, that didn't bring a trophy either. You just traded a 26 year old RB, who gained 1,300 yards behind a line that was patchwork for most of last season. Try to get more than a player whose two years in, and already coming off of ACL surgery.
Why would any team give up a draft pick for Mccoy? There are other premium backs coming into free agency that you could just sign let alone give up a young lb or a draft pick on top of it. I get it, you're butt hurt, but the truth is mccoy or any other rb isn't worth that money. If they use that money to get mcourty or Maxwell, then you just traded mccoy for mccourty or maxwell and kiko.
Greenstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 02:28 PM   #22
SCREAMIN EAGLE

SCREAMIN EAGLE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
big deal. when Banner was here, and they were cap champions, hoarding every single penny, that didn't bring a trophy. When they finaly decided to go all in, and went into Dream Team mode, that didn't bring a trophy either. You just traded a 26 year old RB, who gained 1,300 yards behind a line that was patchwork for most of last season. Try to get more than a player whose two years in, and already coming off of ACL surgery.
A 26 yr old RB that has more carries in his career than any other RB in the NFL is about 43 yrs old in real years. The dropoff for RB's at the age of 26 is astonishing. McCoy will be 27 in July.
SCREAMIN EAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 02:28 PM   #23
JuTMSY4

Default jeez

you sound like a spurned lover
JuTMSY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 02:34 PM  
Posted in reply to JuTMSY4's post "jeez"
Eagle Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuTMSY4 View Post

He had the same withdraw when Djacc's was sent packing.

I think I will just wait and see what the product looks like after TC.
Eagle Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 02:38 PM   #25
Eagle In Ohio

Eagle In Ohio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default You got the inside scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstealth View Post
Why would any team give up a draft pick for Mccoy? There are other premium backs coming into free agency that you could just sign let alone give up a young lb or a draft pick on top of it. I get it, you're butt hurt, but the truth is mccoy or any other rb isn't worth that money. If they use that money to get mcourty or Maxwell, then you just traded mccoy for mccourty or maxwell and kiko.
on McCourty and / or Maxwell coming here ? You've been having conversations with Chip ? Yeah, i'm butt hurt. Pardon me for expecting the front office to actually make sound trades and get the most they can for a running back who's far from washed up.
Unread 03-04-2015, 02:40 PM  
Posted in reply to JuTMSY4's post "jeez"
Eagle In Ohio

Default I sound like a spurned lover

Quote:
because I actually expect them to at least ASK for a draft pick to come back with Alonso ?? You guys are ridiculous. You would think we traded Polk, and not Shady.
Unread 03-04-2015, 02:40 PM   #27
JuTMSY4

Quote:
because I actually expect them to at least ASK for a draft pick to come back with Alonso ?? You guys are ridiculous. You would think we traded Polk, and not Shady.
Where does it say they didn't?
Unread 03-04-2015, 02:47 PM   #28
SCREAMIN EAGLE

SCREAMIN EAGLE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You obviously are misguided on how NFL trades work and compensation for RB's that are past their prime
SCREAMIN EAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 02:48 PM  
Posted in reply to Eagle In Ohio's post "You got the inside scoop"
Greenstealth

Default Do you just disregard what you don't want to hear but know is true

Quote:
on McCourty and / or Maxwell coming here ? You've been having conversations with Chip ? Yeah, i'm butt hurt. Pardon me for expecting the front office to actually make sound trades and get the most they can for a running back who's far from washed up.
Because you're butt hurt? What trade value do you think a running back with a 12m cap number carries? What more did you think they were going to get? Aaron Rogers?

Obviously I haven't been talking to chip, but people have been cut. The defense will be getting some help. Stop being an irrational cunt.
Unread 03-04-2015, 02:53 PM  
Posted in reply to JuTMSY4's post starting "Where does it say they didn't?"
Eagle In Ohio

Default So then you're saying to me

Quote:
Where does it say they didn't?
Chip is talking to Buffalo about a trade. Chip says "we'll give you McCoy for Alonso and a pick". Buffalo says, "no picks. Alonso for McCoy, straight up." Chip says, "okay, that works". You call that a sound trade ? All I'm saying, is what could possibly be wrong with trying to get as much as you possibly can ?
Unread 03-04-2015, 02:59 PM   #31
Eagle In Ohio

Default Are you paying any attention at all ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstealth View Post
Because you're butt hurt? What trade value do you think a running back with a 12m cap number carries? What more did you think they were going to get? Aaron Rogers?

Obviously I haven't been talking to chip, but people have been cut. The defense will be getting some help. Stop being an irrational cunt.
TRY TO GET MORE. THAT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF A TRADE. Get as much as possible. Buffalo obviously didn't have a problem with his cap number, so get all that you can. That is the point. Whatever else you think I'm saying, you're wrong as usual. Once again, you're so busy trying to think of your next never witty but always unfunny comeback, that you're not comprehending anything.
Unread 03-04-2015, 03:02 PM   #32
JuTMSY4

Default is that what happened?

Quote:
Chip is talking to Buffalo about a trade. Chip says "we'll give you McCoy for Alonso and a pick". Buffalo says, "no picks. Alonso for McCoy, straight up." Chip says, "okay, that works". You call that a sound trade ? All I'm saying, is what could possibly be wrong with trying to get as much as you possibly can ?
or maybe Chip was so shocked they'd give up such a player so quickly, he took it and ran?

Remember, there was discussion of outright cutting Shady. Getting value was a coup

http://espn.go.com/blog/philadelphia...-is-no-problem

Quote:
That salary and McCoy’s cap number of $11.95 million have led to much speculation about whether McCoy is at risk to be released this month. McCoy himself has said he is willing to restructure his contract to lower the cap hit, but that he is not willing to take a reduction in salary.

Last edited by JuTMSY4; 03-04-2015 at 03:04 PM.
Unread 03-04-2015, 03:03 PM   #33
Riccardo
Baba de caracol

Riccardo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Unless you were there, and you weren't

Quote:
You (and everyone else here) has no idea what went down, other than the final result.
Unread 03-04-2015, 03:07 PM   #34
McCarthy12

McCarthy12 is an unknown quantity at this point

But if the people in the know (meaning the coaches and executives who really know the cap and trade values) know that it would be a ridiculous ask, then they aren't going to ask. There is some value to the Eagles in the Bills taking his contract off their books. McCoy's fan value does not equal his trade value. That's really the important point here.
McCarthy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 03:12 PM  
Posted in reply to JuTMSY4's post "is that what happened?"
Eagle In Ohio

Default If Alonso was not coming off of a torn ACL

Quote:
or maybe Chip was so shocked they'd give up such a player so quickly, he took it and ran?

Remember, there was discussion of outright cutting Shady. Getting value was a coup

http://espn.go.com/blog/philadelphia...-is-no-problem
It would be a much better deal, but the ACL has to be factored in if you're going to try to gauge the value of this deal. he could team up with kendricks and be great, but I just can't believe that the eagles got the better end of this until Alonso performs at 2013 level or close to it. If that qualifies me to be a spurned lover, than so be it.
Unread 03-04-2015, 03:20 PM   #36
Riccardo
Baba de caracol

Riccardo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Last time I checked, an A- is better than a B

Grading the deal

Bills: B. McCoy's salary is a concern, and the offensive line in front of him is an unknown, but he'll immediately make Buffalo's offense better and more varied—and with the team's overarching quarterback concerns, that's a very good thing.

Eagles: A-minus. The only thing keeping this from a resounding A-plus is Alonso's recent injury history. He'll be a perfect fit in a defense whose linebackers were all over the place in 2014 (and not in a good way). He's a special player when healthy.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/03/eag...kelly-rex-ryan
Unread 03-04-2015, 03:23 PM   #37
Eagle Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccardo View Post
Grading the deal

Bills: B. McCoy's salary is a concern, and the offensive line in front of him is an unknown, but he'll immediately make Buffalo's offense better and more varied—and with the team's overarching quarterback concerns, that's a very good thing.

Eagles: A-minus. The only thing keeping this from a resounding A-plus is Alonso's recent injury history. He'll be a perfect fit in a defense whose linebackers were all over the place in 2014 (and not in a good way). He's a special player when healthy.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/03/eag...kelly-rex-ryan

EIO grades on a curve.
Eagle Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 03:31 PM  
Posted in reply to bobbyuk's post starting "You or I or the fans don't know what he..."
Maniac

Maniac is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyuk View Post
You or I or the fans don't know what he asked for. LeSean, as much as I liked him, signed his own walking papers--just as Jackson did--when he made it public he wouldn't be taking less money to restructure his contract. Alonso is in his 3rd year, although coming off an injury, and McCoy is in his 7th year, at a physically demanding position, to which the shelf lfe is about 4-5 years usually. He already has over what, 1800 carries in his 6 years?
Thats bullshit. McCoy was willing to renegotiate. Kelly didn't even want to talk about it.

Fact is Kelly wanted to get rid of him last season but decided not to take the PR hit after DJax.

Http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sl14ij
Unread 03-04-2015, 03:35 PM   #39
Greenstealth

Default I find it flattering that you think I'm trying to be clever

Quote:
TRY TO GET MORE. THAT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF A TRADE. Get as much as possible. Buffalo obviously didn't have a problem with his cap number, so get all that you can. That is the point. Whatever else you think I'm saying, you're wrong as usual. Once again, you're so busy trying to think of your next never witty but always unfunny comeback, that you're not comprehending anything.
When I'm actually trying to dumb things down to a level you could actually understand (you're still not getting it). Emo in Ohio needs a tissue. He doesn't get it.
Unread 03-04-2015, 03:35 PM  
Posted in reply to Eagle Road's post starting "EIO grades on a curve."
Eagle In Ohio

Default Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Road View Post
EIO grades on a curve.
The biggest gripe on this board, is how the Eagles are always going after guys with a history of injuries, and now they trade McCoy straight up for a guy coming off of an ACL, and all of a sudden, this is supposed to be fine. In my opinion, it's a bad deal, unless Alonso can either get all the way back to his old form, or very close to it.

Tags
emo in ohio, wangnut in ohio