Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alshon out first 2 games per espn

Boo

yeah that sucks. but with agholor, wallace, gibson, ertz, goedert, clement, sproles...i think they'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
      Boo
      Tough and it will hurt them on the field, but I am relieved it is not more than 2 games.

Comment

Alshon was coveraged out of the last five drives of the Super Bowl. The Eagles managed.

Comment

Well ... other guys got singled as a result, no?
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

He wasn’t double covered. The Patriots moved Gilmore over to cover him.

Am I saying the Eagles won’t feel it without Alshon out there? No. But in Doug I trust.

Comment

It's not the same as a double but its a similar effect to the extent Gilmore is their best corner.

But I agree that Doug has enough to work with even if Jeffery isn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                It's not the same as a double but its a similar effect to the extent Gilmore is their best corner.

But I agree that Doug has enough to work with even if Jeffery isn't there.
                Agree and agree. Alshon is reminiscent of DJax. Not a top ten receiver but must be accounted for or he will burn your ass.

I hate the Atlanta game with or without Alshon but they should/better win in Tampa Bay. So a 1-1 start is okay.
                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

One thing about this preseason that's hard to gauge is whether the Eagles are having a Super Bowl hangover or not, because they're not playing a lot of starter skill guys.

I get the sense that the league as a whole is starting to hold out their vets, particularly at skill positions, from practice games.

As a consequence, we're not getting much of a look at Wallace.

Hopefully, Gomer's just holding him out because he can tell what he's got from practice and he'll provide deep ball respect that lessens the impact of no Jeffrey.

Comment

I think it’s a little of both....

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    One thing about this preseason that's hard to gauge is whether the Eagles are having a Super Bowl hangover or not, because they're not playing a lot of starter skill guys.

I get the sense that the league as a whole is starting to hold out their vets, particularly at skill positions, from practice games.

As a consequence, we're not getting much of a look at Wallace.

Hopefully, Gomer's just holding him out because he can tell what he's got from practice and he'll provide deep ball respect that lessens the impact of no Jeffrey.
                    ...and some of the inconsistency we have observed in the preseason I think is going to carry over until everyone is back. A rocky first 3-4 games is my guess.
                    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

ha, I kinda love how Doug wins the Super Bowl and everyone is already fretting a little about playing w/o Jeffrey.

In any event, I agree as well - it hurts because Jeffrey requires some planning even if he's just a very good player rather than an elite receiver.

That being said, who's above him?

Brown
                      Jones
                      Beckham
                      Hopkins
                      Michael Thomas
                      AJ Green

Keenan Allen?

Thielen, Diggs, Cooks, Hilton, Hill?

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                        ha, I kinda love how Doug wins the Super Bowl and everyone is already fretting a little about playing w/o Jeffrey.

In any event, I agree as well - it hurts because Jeffrey requires some planning even if he's just a very good player rather than an elite receiver.

That being said, who's above him?

Brown
                        Jones
                        Beckham
                        Hopkins
                        Michael Thomas
                        AJ Green

Keenan Allen?

Thielen, Diggs, Cooks, Hilton, Hill?
                        Did you see him in the Super Bowl? The man is an elite receiver. No doubt in my mind he's top10.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                          Boo
                          ESPN gets more shit wrong than Rotoworld, lets wait and see week 1

Comment

Working...
                          X