• Show
Clear All

• NO MCNABB HOF

LOSER!
    Charismatic megafauna.

Is this a case of Orange

on Orange crime?

Comment

Um, OK? Not worth discussing because he's not even a borderline HOFer. It's not about him being a "loser" though. He just wasn't good enough for the HOF. He's in the hall of very good.

This reminds me of your post about how Freddie Mitchell cared more about winning than Donovan did, which was just...ugh.

Comment

5 was a headcase and he came up lame

Should’ve had two Super Bowls. Freddie Mitchell wasn’t OBJ but a lot of good a guy like that is...guy did everything he could, what with McNabb throwing everything a foot above everyone or down into the turf. For a long time wevas a fan base had to accept guys like that as our best generational icon. No longer.
        Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

5 TDs in 4 years was everything fredex could do? ok. i got sick of donovan too, but real NFL players had no problem catching balls from him.

our best generational icon was dawk, and before that reggie white. cunningham is a bit of a generational icon too, but for some reason is forgiven for pretty much being terrible in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            Um, OK? Not worth discussing because he's not even a borderline HOFer.
            McNabb had 4ish Hall of Fame worthy years which I think look worse in the passing era of today. He was a nice player, deserves to be in the Eagles Hall of fame or whatever, but that's about it.

Besides Dawk, who's the most hall worthy player of the 00s?

How about across all sports (exclude AI):

Rollins/Utley (Howard is outside for similar numbers reasons has McNabb)

Lindros is in, but I don't really understand the hockey hall

Comment

after AI? halladay didn't spend most of his years here, but he'll make the HOF. after that...peters? tough call because pro bowls are a popularity contest and he's only been an all-pro twice. but he has a shot.

i love utley but he didn't stay healthy long enough to build an HOF resume. a guy like howard needs to hit 500 HRs to make the HOF, but that obviously got derailed.

Comment

GLew laughs at FredX

Comment

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
                  Should’ve had two Super Bowls. Freddie Mitchell wasn’t OBJ but a lot of good a guy like that is...guy did everything he could, what with McNabb throwing everything a foot above everyone or down into the turf. For a long time wevas a fan base had to accept guys like that as our best generational icon. No longer.
                  Mcnabb has and still has a drinking problem. He is a born loser that still disparages the organization that raised him.

It’s time to take down that banner. Replace it with Jim Johnson and let’s only remember the defense from that era
                  I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Hamels > Utley > Rollins > McNabb > Howard
                    Last edited by rothdawg; 09-14-2018, 11:42 AM.

Comment

YES!

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
                      Mcnabb has and still has a drinking problem. He is a born loser that still disparages the organization that raised him.

It’s time to take down that banner. Replace it with Jim Johnson and let’s only remember the defense from that era
                      Woooo! That's what I'm talkin' about!
                      Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

I'd put Howard in front of McNabb in a heartbeat. Howard was ROY, MVP and a champion. I'd argue he was better than Jimmy, but Jimmy's career was longer, so he can stay where he's at.
                        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Get 5 off that list
                          I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Replace him with Iverson.
                            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                              Replace him with Iverson.
                              Isn't AI already in the Hall?

Howard's back half of his career was worse than McNabbs. But to your point his front half was better, so I'll buy that!

Comment

Working...
                              X