Patriots benefit as a result from the AFC East sucking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriots benefit as a result from the AFC East sucking

I mean, they get to play the Jets, the Bills each two times a year.

Miami hasn't been relevant for a long time.

Totally non competitive. The AFC overall is weak.

Once you get to the SB you have a 50 -50 chance of winning. They have beat the odds.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

You know as great as everybody says the patriots and I know most of it is the last 18 years but hey are 5-5 in super bowls. That's nothing compared to the steelers 6-2.
    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

1-1 versus the Eagles

Comment

Someone had to say it.

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

Once you get to the SB you have a 50 -50 chance of winning. They have beat the odds.
        ... and playing those 3 suck-ass teams gives the a great shot at home field advantage and a bye ever year.

Lets be real.

EDIT TO ADD:

In Brady’s 19 years...

Jets 6 playoff appearances ... Dirty Sanchez was never a threat
        Bill 1 playoff appearance ... back into the playoffs last year and got rid of Taylor right after.
        Miami 3 playoff appearances... never a threat.

That’s about as weak as it gets
        Last edited by Drama Queen; 02-03-2019, 03:29 PM.

Comment

They've played in the worst division in all of sports during Brady's tenure. That's a long time.

Comment

While this is a true sentiment, I still have a very grudging respect that they’ve gotten so many appearances—but 3 straight and 4/5 is still incredible. It means you avoided a lot of crippling injuries somehow and the fortune of other teams slipping at the right time. The Eagles ‘18 season took advantage of the 2nd factor but not the first.

Who knows how they would have finished if Jeffrey doesn’t miss the first 3 games or their whole secondary doesn’t get wiped out with injuries or your RB depth. This is where the Pats get really lucky.

Comment

Having the greatest QB of all time playing for $15 million doesn't hurt, either.

Comment

yeah would love another crack at them and go up one on them before brady hangs it up. I really think it will happen, wentz will be all that and I just trust dougie and Howie. How strange to say those words
                On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

Fair enough. But the Mcnabb led Eagles had the advantage of playing a horrible NFC East every year for years and only managed 1 Super Bowl appearance which resulted in a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
                    Fair enough. But the Mcnabb led Eagles had the advantage of playing a horrible NFC East every year for years and only managed 1 Super Bowl appearance which resulted in a loss.
                    The Eagles and Reid (FF) fucked up their chances, no doubt
                    --------

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
                      Yes. Yes. Yes. YES
                      Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
                        Yes. Yes. Yes. YES
                        the two things can both be true. Eagles didn't capitalize.

I put that on Reid (FF).
                        --------

Comment

They circumvent the salary cap by hiring Tom Brady's business.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                            They circumvent the salary cap by hiring Tom Brady's business.
                            The whole situation with Brady's salary is shady as hell. The guy is taking about $25M below his actual market value and his contract has never been an issue there.

And it's the #1 reason the Pats are where they are year after year.

Comment

yep - totally agree.

Eagles Paid Wentz (rookie deal) and Foles (almost left the NFL) ~21 Mil in 2018
                              Patriots paid Brady 22 mil in 2018.

Comment

Working...
                              X