I desperately want the Patriots to win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
    This. If McVay isn't a good coach, there are no good coaches in the NFL.
    I swear the "I hate McVay" shtick is some sort of Millennial vendetta. I dont like the Rams because of the Goff v Wentz debate which wouldnt even be a debate if it werent for McVay.

Comment

Because fuck you, that’s why!
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

While I take “anti-Millenial” oppression very seriously, I think a lot of people here dislike McVay because he’s gotten a lot more acclaim and press than our beloved Gomer.

Comment

I think he's got

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
          While I take “anti-Millenial” oppression very seriously, I think a lot of people here dislike McVay because he’s gotten a lot more acclaim and press than our beloved Gomer.
          some FFism in him. We would have and did kill Doug for calling a similar game. Thank god Doug had the stones to call the game he did.

Comment

He was flat-out terrible in that game yesterday.

Comment

Exactly. I was just tired of hearing how he was a "great" coach before he won even one ring. He's certainly a good coach, but if Doug isn't "great" then let's slow our roll on McVay.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Yep. I had never previously thought of him as a millennial, and just hated him for this. Now I hate him twice as much.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Doug has beaten the last two coach of the year winners on the road.

Comment

That's exactly why people on here don't like him. But Dougie also got killed on here this year (and until like week 6 in 2017). So if McVay is overrated AND Dougie sucks...then I wonder what a good coach looks like.

Comment

This specific rebuttal is really underutilized in this forum.

Comment

like Belicheat

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                        That's exactly why people on here don't like him. But Dougie also got killed on here this year (and until like week 6 in 2017). So if McVay is overrated AND Dougie sucks...then I wonder what a good coach looks like.
                        I assume.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                          I assume.
                          That's kind of my point. McVay is overrated, Payton is overrated, Dougie sucks, FF has trouble dressing himself in the morning...that leaves the best coach ever as the only good coach, and even his nickname is based on the fact that he cheated.

Comment

Ha, the standard here has always been at least a super bowl. Maybe only FF has the resume to overcome that but his fatal flaw drove us bonkers.

Comment

I think "great" NFL coaches win championships. There may be some examples of "great" coaches without a championship, but not many. There are probably more coaches with a championship who still aren't "great."
                              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                                I think "great" NFL coaches win championships. There may be some examples of "great" coaches without a championship, but not many. There are probably more coaches with a championship who still aren't "great."
                                Seifert and Switzer come to mind. I don't think of them as great coaches but they won championships.
                                “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Working...
                                X