No announcement yet.

Good looks . No dumb possessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this being discussed as a serious possibility?

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      I'm not saying Brown has nothing to with this, but for the past two years I've seen FIRE BROWN on here after every loss. And I've seen the same thing about every coach that a Philadelphia team has ever had, even Doug Pederson in 2018 (though people usually just said he sucked, as opposed to calling for his head). I know you're not one of those guys, but I fail to believe that all wins ever come in spite of head coaches.

I am hesitant to put this all on Brown because the NBA is a player's league. But it sounds like we might get to see if a new coach makes a difference next year. Also sounds like there aren't many options out there so I won't call it a huge victory if Brown gets fired.
      Brown is safe after that buzzer beater

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
        It's not his job to do anything but hope the players do good
        This is a truly stupid comment.

His job isn't finger-crossing. He's the fucking coach. Either Brown gave them shitty plays or the players don't listen to him. Either way, it's his responsibility. Three consecutive possessions without even looking like they had an idea what they were doing at crunch time in the last minutes of the seventh game in a playoff series is a coaching problem. The guy has to go.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          This is a truly stupid comment.

His job isn't finger-crossing. He's the fucking coach. Either Brown gave them shitty plays or the players don't listen to him. Either way, it's his responsibility. Three consecutive possessions without even looking like they had an idea what they were doing at crunch time in the last minutes of the seventh game in a playoff series is a coaching problem. The guy has to go.
          We agree completely. Maybe my sarcasm wasn't extreme enough

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
            Jay Wright. This teams always a mess in the final minutes.
            JAY IS NOT LEAVING NOVA. EVER.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
              We agree completely. Maybe my sarcasm wasn't extreme enough
              Whew. When you said the coach's job was to hope the players did good, I got triggered.

Ells and Diggle are probably correct that Brown will keep his job since there are no better alternatives. I'm only a casual Sixers fan but when I see a team with three consecutive totally disorganized possessions in that situation, I gotta point to the coach. At least get your guys to run a play.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                Is this being discussed as a serious possibility?
                I can't get a straight answer to that question either. He's the only one you even think about firing Brown for. The rest of the names on the list are laughably bad.

Comment

Working...
                X