Info on when single game tix go on sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on when single game tix go on sale

Anybody have any or know where to find it?

Time is money. Stub Hub will have them whenever.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

its usually 2nd week of May

Just keep an eye on Pravda,,,I get most of my seats and many extras for cost that day,,,now we are not defending Champs the tixs will be a little more plentiful.

Min I know I will post,,,
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

Stubhub already has them. They are running a racket over there.

Comment

It's not really a "they." They don't own any of the tickets. It's just folks who have season tickets putting their games up already. Or, brokers with hundreds of sets of season tickets putting them up already.

I don't really find anything wrong with the practice.
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
            Time is money. Stub Hub will have them whenever.
            Yeah but fuck stubhub.

Comment

Eh, I like being able to get tickets when I want them.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

The problem is the secondary market rewards groups of people who buy tix or own season tickets strictly to sell. The leagues are annoyed insomuch as it blocks their product from getting to their ideal consumers, which is why they're actively seeking cuts (or bigger cuts).

Everyone has a price for a game they'd want to see and I'm sure even real fans would sell at a certain price which is why, at least partially, these sites are still somewhat fair. Even so, the bulk of the tickets are not consumer-to-consumer, IMHO, but I don't have the data to back that.
                Last edited by JuTMSY4; 04-18-2019, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Eh, I like being able to get tickets when I want them.
                  Thats a silly reason to buy a ticket for 100% markup with a $40 "service fee" on top IMO. But I get it, my father does it all the time just because he likes the "security" of knowing he has a ticket.

Ill look to craigslist before I support the cesspools that are secondary ticket markets.

Edit to Add: Also use CashorTrade for concert tickets. If you know, you know.
                  Last edited by broadstreetparade; 04-18-2019, 01:53 PM.

Comment

I call shennanigans about the leagues being annoyed. Back when the Rams were here, I had seats. I wanted to unload them, so I went to the league's ticket exchange. They made me double the face value of my ticket, and it never sold.

Stub Hub didn't. Their fees were cheaper, and I sold them for face. MLB and NBA actually direct you to Stub Hub as a primary means of buying now.

Ticketmaster is the real problem here. If it didn't suck so much, I doubt there'd be such a robust secondary market.
                    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I think Stub Hub's fee is $7. I usually pay under face whenever I buy there. What's face for the upper level now? I'd never expect to pay less than face for an Eagles game, but they're usually reasonable.

About that edit: Are you blowing people for concert tickets?
                      Last edited by BigSlizz; 04-18-2019, 02:06 PM.
                      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I think Stub Hub's fee is $7. I usually pay under face whenever I buy there. What's face for the upper level now? I'd never expect to pay less than face for an Eagles game, but they're usually reasonable.

About that edit: Are you blowing people for concert tickets?
                        Yeah I suppose it depends on what you are using stubhub for. It has its purpose if you want to go to a baseball game in April during the week. But forget it if you want tickets to an NFL game or sold out concert.

CashorTrade is a secondary ticket market that only allows its users to sell tickets at facevalue with no fees to the buyer or seller. The only reason it really works is because the live music community seems to support the message its pushing. If you need tickets to a Dead or Phish show, its a godsend.

http://www.cashortrade.org
                        Last edited by broadstreetparade; 04-18-2019, 02:15 PM.

Comment

$7?

I was looking at Stubhub for another game up here. Price $229 for two tickets. With taxes and “fees” $298. Fuck that.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                            $7?

I was looking at Stubhub for another game up here. Price $229 for two tickets. With taxes and “fees” $298. Fuck that.
                            I think the fee increases with the price of the ticket. If youre buying $15 nosebleeds to the Phillies you will pay a smaller processing fee vs buying floor sear to a sold out Rolling Stones concert.

Comment

That's never really been my experience. I always thought there were taxes and increases baked into the price, and then at checkout they hit you for $7/ticket. Could vary by sport, and they hit you with more for NFL. My last several Stub Hub transactions were MLB, NHL and NBA.
                              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
                              X