Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody notice the star animation they were putting up between plays at the Phils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody notice the star animation they were putting up between plays at the Phils?

It was up on the video screen and would precede a replay or something like that.

I just re watched the broadcast and you could see it on there as well.

At the start of the game, one of the guys I was with says "Did you see that? It looked like the Dallass star.". I'm like, "No I didn't see it". Then they put it up again and I see it. Another guy says "Maybe somebody hacked the scoreboard."

Then I figured out it's the star dotting the "i"s in the Phillies logo. It looks just like the Dallass star. They were using the animation all game long.

The Phils may want to reconsider featuring this one out of context.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Ha!

So my friend got in touch with some people at the Phils.

The response:

“It was a mistake. Wasn’t the Cowboys star but an honest mistake nonetheless. You won’t be seeing it anymore. Thanks again for the heads up”

Good work Phillies.
    --------

Comment

Big if true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaZnpxCx5GM

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
        Yeah that was it exactly.

I want to think it's because the Phillies have a new logo this year outlining the stars in white. Somebody made a mistake with that video bumper

As an aside, is that the correct term, Slizz? What do you call these "woosh" segments they put up between segments on a broadcast.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/12/...-primary-logo/
        --------

Comment

what's a bigger story - this or the two guys that booed Harper?

Comment

Working...
          X