Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of things

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
    I'm still not really sure where an OL would fit in on the roster. They've extended Big V and Seumalo. Kelce will be around at least a couple more years. Brooks is hurt, but I'm not sure if it would be worth it to spend a 2nd on his insurance.

If they go OL early, it may result in Mailata losing his roster spot.
    They have not yet extended Vaitai's contract, although I would expect they would unless they get a Peters-level replacement in the draft. As for Mailata, I'm pretty sure that Doug said Mailata would start in Peters' spot during upcoming OTAs, as Peters is expected to sit out.

I'd even consider either one of the top o-linemen if they fall to #25 (Cody Ford?), or maybe take a C/G type in Round 2 or 4 as Kelce/Seumalo insurance. My thinking is that Seumalo will eventually replace Kelce.

Comment

Ajayi's Instagram

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      Nice. I'd still like to see them at an RB in the 2nd.

I'd assume that Ajayi is out.
      Had a pic of him in an Eagles uniform, kneeling (facing away from the camera) and the peace fingers. Gone.

Comment

Great move. Howard compliments Clement well (probably the other way around). They still need a 3rd down back which I think they'll target in the draft, but they could get away without forcing it.

I'm thinking darrell Henderson outta Memphis would fit the bill well and possibly grow into more.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
          Great move. Howard compliments Clement well (probably the other way around). They still need a 3rd down back which I think they'll target in the draft, but they could get away without forcing it.

I'm thinking darrell Henderson outta Memphis would fit the bill well and possibly grow into more.
          Howard is a very good pass blocking RB. Why is that important? Because it makes him an option on 3rd down to have in the game. Instead of maybe keeping a TE in to block you can send out that TE and keep in Howard to block.

One area that they struggled with last year was blocking from the RB.
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

You can also call an RPO run if the defense plays pass on 3d and medium.

EDITED TO ADD: Or have an easier time with a pass play if they play run because he's in there.
            Last edited by slag; 03-29-2019, 09:24 AM.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
              You can also call an RPO run if the defense plays pass on 3d and medium.

EDITED TO ADD: Or have an easier time with a pass play if they play run because he's in there.
              Yup. Just gives them more options. I wouldn't be surprised if they make another move for a running back or DE or DT.

Always have to take anything on twitter with a grain of salt but I came across something there the eagles are at least talking to the Texans about Clowney. Just conversation right now and they are among 4 or 5 teams talking to them. To be honest I only remember 2 teams and it's the eagles and pats out of those 4 or 5 teams.

I don't even know how they would afford it but I also have no idea how to run a football team with cap management and they do so they probably would have a plan.
              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                Now they have to go heavy early...on the heavies.
                https://youtu.be/iyRPfK-U0Oc
                YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Working...
                X