Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeah, the NFL is in trouble. Nobody watches it anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS ... by your logic, that ad age article is showing who's the tallest midget.
    Last edited by slag; 07-17-2018, 06:46 PM. Reason: typo
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      Where else can you watch NFL football on Sunday?

You think ratings down for network entertainment is apples to apples?
      You can stream this stuff. Much easier to track but I'm not sure it is currently taken into account ratings wise.

It was only just recently that it was decided to incorporate streaming into ranking of popularity of music.

Also, NFL is not only on Sunday afternoons. I don't care for it but it is a decision they have made.

Check out the caption on the article I linked regarding NASCAR. hehe
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Well, the NFL probably hopes you're wrong

Comment

The final clung to the shit-stained coat tails of the earlier matches with no US component.
          WTF? Not sure what you mean.
          --------

Comment

I chuckled myself when I read it

We've gone over this ground before and I still think the NFL is committing the same suicide other sports are doing to themselves ... over saturation.

Comment

If more people watched the earlier matches because the US was in the tournament, they would more likely have watched the final.

I will concede, however, that the time 11 am vs. 8 pm ... and Messi probably helped the ratings in 14

Comment

If more people watched the earlier matches because the US was in the tournament, they would more likely have watched the final.

I will concede, however, that the time 11 am vs. 8 pm ... and Messi probably helped the ratings in 14
                I would have thought you approve of this World Cup. Aren't you a Francophile?
                --------

Comment

It's not as popular as it was IMO ... all sports are fucking up with over-saturation (as I posted below) but football has added the concussion fallout, bad officiating that makes people look for a flag on every big play, and the culturally-related issues.

If you don't think the anthem has any impact ... just take a look at who's in the White House ... he didn't vote himself in.

Comment

It's not as popular as it was IMO ... all sports are fucking up with over-saturation (as I posted below) but football has added the concussion fallout, bad officiating that makes people look for a flag on every big play, and the culturally-related issues.

If you don't think the anthem has any impact ... just take a look at who's in the White House ... he didn't vote himself in.
                    They should just eliminate the national anthem as part of the pregame. They never showed it on TV broadcast for years.
                    --------

Comment

No ... I watched it though ... everyone is all about Mbappe, but IMO the run up the sideline by Hernandez to set his goal up was fucking ridiculous.

Comment

No ... I watched it though ... everyone is all about Mbappe, but IMO the run up the sideline by Hernandez to set his goal up was fucking ridiculous.
                        Griezmann ... you are the man. I'd share a mate with you.
                        --------

Comment

wha?

Comment

wha?
                            I have a number of friends from Uruguay. You've met my friend Maggie. They are great people and have a great culture.

Griezmann was mentored by people from Uy and is a teammate on the professional level for Atletico Madrid with Uruguayans. He's described himself as half Uruguayo.

Griezmann was instrumental in defeating Uruguay in the knockout round.

Then after France won the WC, a Uruguayo journalist offered him a Uy flag. He put it on while wearing his France jersey during the post game interview.

That's not treason... he was acknowledging his mentors in victory. Quite a bit different than some other situations we have going on now.
                            --------

Comment

wha?
                              Haha... after further review I think you saw what I said as the English word "mate".

I was referring to the South American word "ma-te". It's like a tea but it's got some powerful stimulant in it.

https://migrationology.com/what-is-yerba-mate/
                              --------

Comment

For sure

Well, the NFL probably hopes you're wrong
                                but I think the NFL is far more interested in getting a piece of the gambling pie (e.g. the security fee on the handle) because those gamblers are already watching. NBA Commish Silver has known this for a while which is why he supported legalization.
                                Last edited by JuTMSY4; 07-18-2018, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X