X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cole Hamels

Jon Heyman reporting he is hearing a lot of chatter about him returning

Makes too much sense

For it not to happen, Phils and Rangers been trade partners before. No objections here, it’d be even nicer if Arrieta figures shit out. Nola, Hamels, Arrieta in a short series?? I’d like those odds. Get it done.

Comment

he hasn't pitched very well this season, or last season, but maybe would be energized about coming back.

Comment

HE'S 35 IN DECEMBER. WOULDN'T GIVE UP ANY YOUNGINS.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I like Cole and he would have looked like a good option before the season started, but now, I'm not sure.

Nola is a total stud. Arrieta won't be displaced and is pitching at least as good as Cole. VV actually looks pretty good. Pivetta had a great month before getting shelled in his last start (and then having a stellar relief appearance) and Eflin has rounded into form this year.

Not to much, Eickhoff is rehabing right now in Florida is should be back before the trade deadline.

Comment

The Phillies are winning with starting pitching and lately, although they're not scaring anyone, the lineup has come up with some timely hitting.

Nola has really developed ... when he has the curve he had yesterday, he's nearly unhittable.

EDITED TO ADD:

If they could actually rent a reliable bat with some pop, it might be better than a pitcher.
            Last edited by slag; 07-05-2018, 09:20 AM.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Yeah, seems to me they could use another reliable bat more than anything. Nola is awesome. I'm not a huge fan of Arrietta, but the defense behind him has been pretty terrible. I'm way more concerned with how he pitches in August/September. Eflin looks good, too.

Well, gotta go apply another layer of coco oil!
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

One good bat would domino-effect the protection in the order.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

give me a lefthanded reliever. When Morgan is your only lefty, you're in some trouble. I'm not sure there's a bat on the market worth the price as a rental. Moustakas is barely an upgrade over Franco.

Comment

Go for a package of Machado and Britton. I'd be willing to unload either Crawford or Kingery and some minor leaguers to make it happen. Manny sounds willing to sign an extension midseason and he would make the Phillies the favorite to win the NL East.

Let's see what Klentak is made of.

Comment

I've been using the JD martinez deal as a model

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                      Go for a package of Machado and Britton. I'd be willing to unload either Crawford or Kingery and some minor leaguers to make it happen. Manny sounds willing to sign an extension midseason and he would make the Phillies the favorite to win the NL East.

for Machado. I think britton's price will be pretty decent two. Maybe a top 30 prospect and someone lower.

Did you see the tweets suggesting that the Phillies would turn down a package headlined by Eflin for Machado. Perhaps because that deal wouldn't involve an extension?

Comment

Cole is old and sucks now. No thank you.

Comment

I don't like the idea of trading for Machado when they can just sign him for free this offseason. I see your point about making a run at winning the East this year, but are they really going to do any better than that with him? Sign him for nothing in the offseason and get something else for the trade chips.
                          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post

Guys like Uncle Howie and Mr. Trump would get the deal done
                            I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Working...
                            X