IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 04-29-2018, 10:43 AM   #1
Drama Queen

Drama Queen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default So whatís your impression of the draft

I believe that Goedert and Maddox will be instant contributors. Maddox is small but appears to be very quick and football savvy. Goedert is a no brained...but Iím interested to see how Maddox contributes.

IMO, I think this could be a very successful draft if only one of the final 3 selections reach their potential (Sweat, Pryor, Mailata). Itís all medical with Sweat because that dude can ball.

For what itís worth, Josh Adams (FA) was listed on Gil Brandtís board as the highest rated RB left after the draft and the Eagles signed him. After watching his play, it seems like he can fill that Blount roll (pun) very well. Seems to be a good zone RB with some power. He has room to add weight and power to get to Blounts level. He was a captain so you know heís good in the locker room and they must have respected his play.
Drama Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2018, 11:35 AM   #2
thegodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama Queen View Post
I believe that Goedert and Maddox will be instant contributors. Maddox is small but appears to be very quick and football savvy. Goedert is a no brained...but Iím interested to see how Maddox contributes.

IMO, I think this could be a very successful draft if only one of the final 3 selections reach their potential (Sweat, Pryor, Mailata). Itís all medical with Sweat because that dude can ball.

For what itís worth, Josh Adams (FA) was listed on Gil Brandtís board as the highest rated RB left after the draft and the Eagles signed him. After watching his play, it seems like he can fill that Blount roll (pun) very well. Seems to be a good zone RB with some power. He has room to add weight and power to get to Blounts level. He was a captain so you know heís good in the locker room and they must have respected his play.
According to the crew on ESPN yesterday they feel that SWEAT was a STEAL where the birds got him, he had a horrible knee injury in High School but it was fixed and he played in college then the Eagles doctors cleared him, they said he should have been 1st round talent if not for the knee.
thegodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2018, 02:06 PM   #3
broadstreetparade

broadstreetparade is on a distinguished road

Im in love the Goebdert pick and it has nothing to do with allegedly stealing him from Dallas. I think he has the potential to be a star on the Eagles, especially with the way Pederson likes to use his TEs. Plus I think he fills a huge need, and that some are massively under rating what losing Burton is going to mean to this team.

I am a little worried about the RB situation is going to look like this year but I think TE was a way bigger need. I think they are really going to miss having a big punishing RB like blount in the back field. I think that loss will be felt more than any other FA we let walk this year.

Im not sure what to think of the other picks. I definitely think they did a good job filling holes in the roster with the limited picks they had. Maddox should fill in nicely in the slot. Im interested to see how Sweat comes along, I think he will be a project but could end up being a huge steal for the birds. Also have no idea what to think about the rugby player or that RB for ND.

The FO has done a great job of drafting the last couple years so I give them the benefit of the doubt. The draft for me was made with the Goebdert pick and everything else was gravy. Its also nice to remember that Sydney Jones coming back is basically a 1st round pick this year. With the moves this team made this offseason I definitely think they are primed for another SB run, if Wentz gets back to his former self, which I fully expect. Cant wait for September to get here.
broadstreetparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2018, 02:42 PM   #4
Snakebitten

If Goedert ends up as good as they think, getting him and an additional second next year was better than I would have expected. Apparently, they didn't think much of the running backs so I guess I can't argue with that. My gut tells me this was just a weaker than usual draft class.
Snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2018, 02:59 PM   #5
DEERSPINE GUY
LEGEND

GOTTA LOVE DALLAS.... I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST SAID THAT.
Unread 04-29-2018, 03:04 PM   #6
rothdawg

rothdawg is an unknown quantity at this point

I give them an A. I might still be in the Super Bowl honeymoon phase though.
rothdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2018, 03:08 PM  
Posted in reply to rothdawg's post starting "I give them an A. I might still be in..."
RSE
SeŮor Counsel

Yeah. My thought is I still have 271 days to use the phrase World Champion Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles. At least 271.

Last edited by RSE; 04-29-2018 at 03:09 PM.
RSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2018, 04:00 PM  
Posted in reply to Snakebitten's post starting "If Goedert ends up as good as they..."
JuTMSY4

Default Here's a fun stat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebitten View Post
If Goedert ends up as good as they think, getting him and an additional second next year was better than I would have expected. Apparently, they didn't think much of the running backs so I guess I can't argue with that. My gut tells me this was just a weaker than usual draft class.
the last time a 1st round pick RB scored a TD in the Super Bowl was Jamal Lewis in 2000.
JuTMSY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2018, 04:06 PM  
Posted in reply to JuTMSY4's post "Here's a fun stat"
Snakebitten

Marshawn Lynch?
Unread 04-29-2018, 04:07 PM  
Posted in reply to RSE's post starting "Yeah. My thought is I still have 271..."
IronEagle
El-Correctomundo

IronEagle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSE View Post
Yeah. My thought is I still have 271 days to use the phrase World Champion Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles. At least 271.
Exactly.

I'm with you guys. Given everything I can't complain right now.

Remember when the Eagles took a 26 year old Canadian fireman in the first round?
Unread 04-29-2018, 04:20 PM  
Posted in reply to IronEagle's post starting "Exactly. I'm with you guys. Given..."
AthensEagle

First draft that I can remember that didn't fire off a Bust, Chump or Jagoff comment (that I saw anyway).
AthensEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2018, 04:22 PM  
Posted in reply to IronEagle's post starting "Exactly. I'm with you guys. Given..."
RSE
SeŮor Counsel

In Howie and Gomer we trust.
Unread 04-29-2018, 04:39 PM   #13
TRENT

TRENT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TE was a great Pick, & no one has mentioned M. Kendricks !

being traded or not traded or No linebackers,,No safeties. This was a draft for depth....and like most drafts you can't tell at 1st glance.

we got some depth on a team that will most likely cutt some quality players
Unread 04-29-2018, 05:21 PM  
Posted in reply to Snakebitten's post starting "Marshawn Lynch?"
JuTMSY4

Default I stand corrected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebitten View Post
Marshawn Lynch?
Maybe that's amended for (the team that drafted him).
JuTMSY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2018, 06:35 PM  
Posted in reply to RSE's post starting "In Howie and Gomer we trust."
CbEagle

it would have been unfathomable two years ago to even think this about the front office, but now toast of the league world champions and the ability to repeat this year. Also good article from a guy up my way.

http://www.mcall.com/sports/football...429-story.html

I No Longer Care How!
CbEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2018, 06:49 PM   #16
BigSlizz
2014 IGGLEPHANS SUICIDE POOL CHAMPION

BigSlizz is an unknown quantity at this point

My impression is I love the TE, I think they stole a guy with an injury issue, and Jason Peters was an undrafted TE before he became one of the best LTs in team history, so maybe this rugby player has a shot.

Last edited by BigSlizz; 04-29-2018 at 06:49 PM.
BigSlizz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2018, 07:31 PM  
Posted in reply to JuTMSY4's post "I stand corrected"
Snakebitten

You're probably right. I agree with your point though.
Unread 04-29-2018, 07:34 PM   #18
Maniac

Maniac is an unknown quantity at this point

Small.
Unread 04-29-2018, 08:07 PM   #19
Susquehanna Birder

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadstreetparade View Post
Im in love the Goebdert pick and it has nothing to do with allegedly stealing him from Dallas. I think he has the potential to be a star on the Eagles, especially with the way Pederson likes to use his TEs. Plus I think he fills a huge need, and that some are massively under rating what losing Burton is going to mean to this team.
I wanted him from the start, knowing that losing Celek meant losing a productive, blocking TE. This kid has the skills, and would have taken him at 32. That Howie still gut him and recouped a second for next year? Brilliant. And hosing Dallas out of the selection was icing on the cake.

I cant wait to see what they do with the rugby guy. So many possibilities.

The rest of the picks I'm okay with, primarily because I trust Howie and Joe Douglas.