X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kempski disembowels Cowherd

Easy to do but still fun.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/i-mean-ju...n-cowherd-lol/
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Who cares. The guy is a ratings troll. This gives him just what he is looking for.

Comment

cowherd has become nothing more than a desperate troll going at philly to try to pick up listeners. Missanelli turned him inside out during football season. It was fantastic! literally buried him with facts. Seriously doubt he's invited back anytime soon.

Comment

we're gonna turn into a team that wins playoff games in 5 straight years and reaches 2 super bowls? oh no!!

his previous stance on the eagles also made noooo sense. he said we were great only because of wentz, and that that would cause the FO to start hiring their weightlifting buddies or some shit.

Comment

One thing about the 24/7 sports news cycle and Twitter is that it has parsed out the real sports journalists from the hot take experts. It's obvious who loves sports and who loves making money off of sports. Cowherd is more or less the king of the latter.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

The thing that really bugs me is how smug he is in felling superior to the stupid listeners who will get angry. He thinks he is so much smarter than anyone else when this has been the strategy for tabloids forever.

Comment

right

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
              One thing about the 24/7 sports news cycle and Twitter is that it has parsed out the real sports journalists from the hot take experts. It's obvious who loves sports and who loves making money off of sports. Cowherd is more or less the king of the latter.
              I agree. What's crazy is how the Athletic (as perhaps the best example, maybe the Ringer as well) has done that perfectly (although hiring Rick Reilly makes me question this). They have quality beat guys, stat guys, national guys all doing real work and ignoring the general hot takery. I don't get to all their content, so I'm sure there still is some hot takes around, but it turns out, people will pay for good content and shun the simplistic hot garbage of Screamin' A., Skip, Cowherd, etc.

I've said it several times - it's the easiest job in the world if you've got the chops for it.
              Last edited by JuTMSY4; 05-21-2018, 01:43 PM.

Comment

I really like Adam Schein on Sirius. He talks about "takes" all the time but it is thoughtful and doesn't seem to be for the sake of getting picked up on twitter. Unlike Cowherd, Whitlock, etc. Those guys come up with "hot takes" to push their own brand/shows. It's obvious to anyone who pays attention.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
                  Who cares. The guy is a ratings troll. This gives him just what he is looking for.
                  Kempski admits he's taking the bait but you still gotta love ...

"Let's take a look at Cowherd's dipshit monologue, point-by-point."
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Really? Schein talks like Vince McMahon during the attitude era. My favortie day in NFL Radio history was the one when he left for Mad Dog. My second favorite was Jim Miller taking over for Tim Ryan.
                    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Haha he does sound like that. He definitely has a shtick but it works.

Comment

Working...
                      X