Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sixers set to offer Jimmy a max deal?

https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/st...493756417?s=21

Steep number, but if they don’t offer it...someone else will.

WHOEVER WANTS HIM WILL OFFER THE MAX.WILL BE HIS CHOICE ( THE LEFT COAST) WHERE HE WANTS TO PLAY.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

The Sixers have exclusive rights to offer him a bigger max deal than any other team, I believe.

Comment

OK SO NOW I'M CONFUSED. DOESN'T MAX MEAN THE MOST AND THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE MOST?

OR IS THERE SOME BASKETBALL LANGUAGE THAT MAX IS NOT THE MOST?

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
          OK SO NOW I'M CONFUSED. DOESN'T MAX MEAN THE MOST AND THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE MOST?

OR IS THERE SOME BASKETBALL LANGUAGE THAT MAX IS NOT THE MOST?
          There is max and super max deals...teams that already have a player (Sixers with Jimmy / Durant with Warriors, etc...can offer more than any other team.

Comment

In the NBA, you can offer more than the max to players already on the team. So Sixers max for Butler is more than any other team’s max for Butler.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

OK. THANKS. I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT MAX IS THE TOP, SPRINT CARS HAVE A MAX OF 850 HORSEPOWER.

BEN SIMMONS MAX SHOT DISTANCE IS 2.75'.

YA KNOW...MAX.

NOW I KNOW.
              Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 06-02-2019, 12:57 AM.

Comment

I think that was the point of making the trades last season so they were already on the roster for bigger max deals.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

that's nice and all but Butler is not a max player. Locking him up for all that money is nuts considering you will likely give super max deals to both Embiid and Simmons. Unless you move either Simmons or Embiid?

Comment

He absolutely is.
                    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                      that's nice and all but Butler is not a max player. Locking him up for all that money is nuts considering you will likely give super max deals to both Embiid and Simmons. Unless you move either Simmons or Embiid?
                      If more than 1 team is willing to give you a max deal, you ARE a max player.

In this case, there would be a minimum of 4 teams...

Comment

Let's not get too hyped here, you make your money in the playoffs and last I remember Buckets hasn't won anything. Actually, in playoff close out games, he is very unimpressive to say the least averaging 15 points per game in his career and has scored a whopping 9 - 19 - 16 - 16 - 20 -23 & not to mention 9 (count em) 9 points against the Raps on 35% shooting from the floor and 16% from 3. Not sure I would max out a guy who comes up small when it counts. Let's not act like he is a triple double machine either.

Remember, Melo got massive money at the end of his career too and so did CP3 doesn't mean they deserved it. Obviously Jimmy is younger just trying to say you max him out how are you going to keep Embiid, Simmons and bring in another star to compete?

Comment

Career Stats: 16.7 Pts/game - 4.9 Rebounds/game - 3.5 assists/game ya, max contract player i think not!

DeMar DeRozan: 19.9 Pts/game - 4.3 Rebounds/game - 3.4 assists/game virtually same stats and he isnt close to being a max player lol

Granted Butler is known for his D
                          Last edited by Spartan92; 06-02-2019, 05:10 PM.

Comment

I never said he was anything but a Max player...that’s the argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                              Let's not get too hyped here, you make your money in the playoffs and last I remember Buckets hasn't won anything. Actually, in playoff close out games, he is very unimpressive to say the least averaging 15 points per game in his career and has scored a whopping 9 - 19 - 16 - 16 - 20 -23 & not to mention 9 (count em) 9 points against the Raps on 35% shooting from the floor and 16% from 3. Not sure I would max out a guy who comes up small when it counts. Let's not act like he is a triple double machine either.

Remember, Melo got massive money at the end of his career too and so did CP3 doesn't mean they deserved it. Obviously Jimmy is younger just trying to say you max him out how are you going to keep Embiid, Simmons and bring in another star to compete?
                              Here is what is fucking with your analysis...you think "max player" means "one of the best players in the league."

It doesn't, there are a shit ton of players on max deals and Butler is going to be one of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X