Phils get Wilson Ramos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phils get Wilson Ramos

Guy was an all-star this year, for a player to be named later or cash considerations.

Seems like a nice trade

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
    Guy was an all-star this year, for a player to be named later or cash considerations.

Seems like a nice trade
    He absolutely crushes lefties. I imagine he will be the Phils starting catcher down the stretch once he is back from the DL (should be soon) and that Knapp will be sent down to AAA.

Comment

They also got a LHP named Loup.

Comment

Playoff money ... playoff money ... rah rah rah
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Good pick ups. They gave up a low ceiling AAA arm for Loup. And considering their glut of far better AAA arms, he was no major loss.

PTBNL for Ramos is a steal (not a top 30 prospect) and I suspect the Rays will take the cash. Apparently, Rays were motivated to sell because they needed room for the Archer return (2+ guys in MLB roster).

Also, if you look at the advanced metrics on Alfaro, I'm shocked how good he is framing pitches. If he ever gets a decent glove, he'll be a stud behind the plate. Since Ramos is only a rental, I think this will just give Alfaro time - and gives the Phils a far deeper bench now.
          Last edited by JuTMSY4; 07-31-2018, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X