Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not my area

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
    You would think that the franchise had field leading doctors on board.
    but I agree. Myths also reporting that this phenomenon - of checking in with outside docs - isn't a new thing among eagles players.

Comment

Rapoport "sources" confirming that Wentz does indeed have a fracture and CT scans done earlier didn't show anything till now. But apparently he underwent more testing as the pain didn't get better.

Depends on the fracture but Carr and Romo had something like this and the recovery time is 2-6 weeks.

This medical staff is poop.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Back injuries are worrisome. So he can’t plant, use his core, and might not have full feeling in his throwing arm. That’s me arm chair doctor.
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
          Back injuries are worrisome. So he can’t plant, use his core, and might not have full feeling in his throwing arm. That’s me arm chair doctor.
          I'll say this. If it's a fracture and nothing else...but concern of recovery isn't too high. But if it was a disc or whatever... Then I would be concerned
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Mike Garafolo believes it was just missed earlier this year.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/sta...76715223388166

There’s two angles on this Wentz thing. One, they missed the injury. Criticize them all you want there. Be my guest. The other one angle is they hid the injury from Wentz. There is zero evidence that occurred here. None.
            Again, I can't imagine that, but crazier things have happened. The birds also fired their previous medical staff after, among other things, player complaints, so it's not as if they aren't receptive to changes based on player demands. It's not a case of Jeffy cheaping out.

Edited to add: https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/sta...78561774116865

And to be clear, when I say they missed the injury, I don’t know if that part is accurate either. I’m told there’s no indication there was a fracture prior to this last series of tests. So it may or may not have been there in the first place.
            Last edited by JuTMSY4; 12-13-2018, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I can't keep up with all the expert analysis ... first resident coaches ... then doctors ... now psychiatrists?

Next thing you'll tell me is we have expert college player scouts.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

You’re mom is a fuckin’ Super Blow MVP

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                  It's a little worse than that:

https://twitter.com/jasonmyrt/status...55492171038720

I'd be pissed too.
                  I don't believe they hid any injury from Wentz. Not a chance. Pure hot take bullshit.
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                    I don't believe they hid any injury from Wentz. Not a chance. Pure hot take bullshit.
                    Agreed. The injury might have occurred sunday - there was a short scramble he had where he took an awkward hit by a guy landing on top of him, who knows.

Comment

i would think that if his back were "an issue for weeks" as being reported in some cases then wouldn't he have felt this pain and further testing have been done? "If" they hid it, who knows but doubt it, then that is fucked and I dont even know what to make of it. Of course there is always the scenario that they just needed and excuse to shut him down for the year and not risk further injury knowing they have like a 5% chance to make the playoffs and this is a way to sell it to us suckers. Something seems fishy to me about this whole report. They guy had good numbers but was off; was it still the knee, was it mental who knows. What we should know is he should be shut down to protect him from further injury that is the safe bet and he will have 9 months to get right with OTA's training camp preseason and almost a year and a half removed from a devastating knee injury and I am willing to bet on Wentz being the MVP type Wentz again. The guy is a gamer.
                      Last edited by Spartan92; 12-13-2018, 07:56 PM.

Comment

You don't think that added pass plays due to the lack of a run game have an effect on Wentz to feel like he has to press?

Mental stress/pressure is a real thing, even (especially) for Professional Athletes

I am a Wentz supporter and feel we should pay him but I am pretty sure him slamming his helmet on the ground in major frustration is new for him. He will learn to channel it

Comment

Oh here it is
                          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Working...
                          X