Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F%CK Chip Kelly

that Winnie the Poo Bear looking mofo

It's interesting to hear two guys speak so candidly, but they also seem like best friends who are a little delusional. Cutting Jackson was one of the worst moves in franchise history, but Vick just ignores the season that Foles had in 2013. Take a look at Vick's numbers that year (54.5%, 5 TDs, 2-4 record) and it's no surprise that he was in a training camp battle with Foles. And it's not like Vick or Jackson had done anything worth a shit in the two years prior.

Chip Kelly didn't really break up the team until after 2014. Jackson can speak a little more about that because he was at least part of the playoff run in 2013, but Vick really isn't qualified to speak. He gave Chip Kelly his all (he says) and it was worse than what Nick Foles gave. I kept waiting for one of those dudes to add that Chip Kelly also traded the future SB MVP, but they were more interested in letting Vick and Jackson reminisce.

They also don't point out the fact that Jackson had his best season when Chip Kelly was coach. His system did work at first. It all turned to shit when he refused to accept that players mattered too. I think other players would be more qualified to talk about Chip Kelly.
    Last edited by art vandelay; 01-30-2019, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      They also don't point out the fact that Jackson had his best season when Chip Kelly was coach. His system did work at first. It all turned to shit when he refused to accept that players mattered too. I think other players would be more qualified to talk about Chip Kelly.
      I think what they were saying is that Chip didn't acknowledge that players mattered as much as the system from the start, not just after he got control of the roster.

Vick's comments indicate Kelly's lack of "emotional intelligence", which was probably as big a reason for his failures as the roster moves.

F*ck chip, but without him I don't think Doug ever ends up being the coach.

Comment

Yeah, and they're right. I just think that someone like Evan Mathis or Jeremy Maclin would be more qualified to talk about how Chip broke the team up. To me it seemed like Vick and Jackson's timelines were a little off.

Vick rightfully lost his job to the man who was the center of Chip's most insane move.

Comment

Such a damn insane move!! Wtf was he thinking?! The first part of this article is brutal

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/05/27/ch...ffseason-moves

Comment

Working...
          X