Cowboys DE Irving Quits NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys DE Irving Quits NFL

Suspended Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle David Irving said Thursday he is quitting the NFL.

Irving, 25, made the announcement as he filmed himself in a video on Instagram Live, less than a week after the league suspended him indefinitely for violating its substance-abuse policy for a third time in as many years.

"Basically, guys, I quit," Irving said. "I don't want to talk about a suspension and all this other nonsense. I'm outta there. I'm not doing this s--- no more."
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ing-blasts-nfl

lol

Yeah but hes not wrong.

It's funny, you know, some people: 'Oh, you're addicted to weed, you're addicted to this and that,'" he said. "I mean, s---, if I'm gonna be addicted to something, I'd rather be addicted to marijuana, which is medical -- it's a medicine; I do not consider it a drug -- rather than Xanax bars or the hydros or the seroquel and all that crazy s--- that they feed you.

Comment

Id probably not smoke weed if my 7 or 8 figure per year job counted on it. Especially when it such a small window of time to make it.
      Last edited by Greenstealth; 03-08-2019, 11:11 AM.

Comment

You'd prefer to have a crushing Opiod addition to deal with your chronic pain?

Joking, a little. Most of these guys smoke b/c they love it. However, they also get natural relief from pain without worrying about being a pill popping disaster whose liver goes to shit.
        Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-08-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

The fact that weed is illegal, while alcohol and tobacco are legal, never ceases to amaze me.

No one has ever died from a weed overdose.

Thankfully it appears we are on the threshold of legalization at the Federal level.

Comment

Legalization aside, it is pretty ridiculous that these guys can't stop smoking weed to keep an 8 figure job. I guess maybe they've made enough, but it's sorta silly.

Comment

MOST OF US GET DRUG TESTED TO MAKE A SHITLOAD LESS THAN THAT.
              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

right

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                MOST OF US GET DRUG TESTED TO MAKE A SHITLOAD LESS THAN THAT.
                I'm on the side of legalization and I think it's totally reasonable to ask folks to not show up high like they can't show up drunk, but what they do on their own time is their decision.

But yeah - if your employer says no, it's just part of the deal. It's a little different because these guys can't really ply their trade anywhere else, but...c'mon man.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                  Legalization aside, it is pretty ridiculous that these guys can't stop smoking weed to keep an 8 figure job. I guess maybe they've made enough, but it's sorta silly.
                  The overwhelming majority of them do stop just for the job. I believe they shouldn't have to.

Comment

Working...
                  X