• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butler meeting with the Heat tomorrow

https://94wip.radio.com/blogs/eliot-...rt-free-agency

3 things...

1. He’s likely already met with the Sixers FO

2. The ONLY way he goes to Miami is via sign/trade (in this scenario, the Sixers get Josh Richardson, probably Bam Adebayo and one other. I actually really like Josh Richardson. He’s not better than Butler, but he’s younger and MUCH cheaper.

3. The more I think about it, the more I hate a $190m deal for Butler. I know many fans feel differently.
    Last edited by Ground_Meat; 06-29-2019, 06:47 PM.

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post

3 things...

2. The ONLY way he goes to Miami is via sign/trade (in this scenario, the Sixers get Josh Richardson, probably Bam Adebayo and one other. I actually really like Josh Richardson. He’s not better than Butler, but he’s younger and MUCH cheaper.

3. The more I think about it, the more I hate a $190m deal for Butler. I know many fans feel differently.
    I'd be totally fine with that. Is Richardson even available? I haven't heard his name mentioned since Miami supposedly wouldn't trade him for Butler the first time around.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
      I'd be totally fine with that. Is Richardson even available? I haven't heard his name mentioned since Miami supposedly wouldn't trade him for Butler the first time around.
      Zero chance this trade happens without Richardson.

Comment

This is all a bunch of noise and bullshit. They throw that 5@190 on the table and it's a done deal.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
          This is all a bunch of noise and bullshit. They throw that 5@190 on the table and it's a done deal.
          I’m beginning to think he’s moving on...could be wrong.

I don’t think they want to pay him 190

Comment

Yeah, getting the feeling he's out. At least they'll be getting something for him from either Houston or Miami. Gordon and Capella (and Tucker) isn't terrible.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Nah, they are totes running it back. Jimmy will be a Sexer.

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                Nah, they are totes running it back. Jimmy will be a Sexer.
                Wow this is a terrible post on so many levels.

Comment

He's gone.

Comment

3 things...

S&T with Houston is a non-starter.

If JB really wants to go to Miami they have some interesting pieces/picks to offer.

Still, I think all this noise has come from his agent trying to force the Sixers into offering the 5 year max. If Brand offers that he stays, IMO.

FWIW, Shams said that he will be meeting with the Sixers soon...

Comment

from Woj: “It seems unlikely that Philadelphia is going to five years with Jimmy Butler... Tobias Harris remains a focus of that organization.”

Who knows...

Comment

Oh boy. Here we go.

Comment

from Woj: “It seems unlikely that Philadelphia is going to five years with Jimmy Butler... Tobias Harris remains a focus of that organization.”

Who knows...
                          After seeing some stuff today especially from Jimmy’s twitter I think he’s as good as gone.

Been reading that the Heat are trying to unload Dragic... Elton Brand should be tarred and feathered if he takes back bums and salary dumps in a S&T. I don’t think he’s that stupid but at this point I have zero confidence in him...

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
                            After seeing some stuff today especially from Jimmy’s twitter I think he’s as good as gone.

Been reading that the Heat are trying to unload Dragic... Elton Brand should be tarred and feathered if he takes back bums and salary dumps in a S&T. I don’t think he’s that stupid but at this point I have zero confidence in him...
                            I think you confusing Brand with Colangelo. Brand has won every trade he has made thus far.

Comment

Who knows...
                              I THINK THEY ARE LOOKING AT HIM BEING 30 YEARS OF AGE IN SEPT.

MY QUESTION TO YOU HOOPS GUYS, IS 33, 34, 35 GETTING UP THERE AND A BIT TO OLD FOR NBA PLAYERS, OR DOES IT VARY WITH EACH PLAYER?

IF FO THINKS HE'LL LOSE A STEP AT 33. THEN HE WON'T BE BACK.
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                              X