I put most of the blame on the coaching staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I put most of the blame on the coaching staff

Sure the players didn’t execute—they can’t tackle, they run patterns short of the sticks, there was shit blocking but—

No way should the Cowboys have come in and showed more emotion, fire and out-physicaled this team when they had 2 weeks to prepare. They failed to match the Pukes’ energy and that should never happen on your home field. That is on the coaching staff. And whatever Pederson is scripting for his first 15 plays, he needs a new one.

Level of agreement - 100%. The 'next man up' mentality that was persistent, even when their MVP QB went down last year, is non-existent this year and that starts with Doug's complacency.
    Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

58 seconds left before the half and the Cowboys with no timeouts, Pederson started calling timeouts giving the Cowboys time to drive down the field and score...smh

Comment

I think you guys could benefit from a book I read. It’s called “Fearless: How...

Comment

Going for it on 4th downs is also just coming back to bite us all the time.

This is not college ball FFS Doug.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatYear View Post
            Going for it on 4th downs is also just coming back to bite us all the time.

This is not college ball FFS Doug.
            I believe going for it on 4th downs works a lot better when you have a player in the backfield like Ajayi or Blount who the defense must account for.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Doug isn't "complacent." It's not the next man up mentality is gone. It's that the next men up aren't as good as they were last year. Winning with a backup QB was unprecedented, but a number of things allowed them to catch lightning in a bottle. The starting OL right now isn't anywhere near as good as last year. When Lane goes down, you now have two weak bookends. Last year the Sproles injury didn't matter. Now they have three marginal NFL RBs. The defense also remained intact last season. This year they've hardly had NFL talent at DT besides Fletcher Cox, and the secondary is decimated.

Comment

Yeah, that was the right call. They blew the 3rd and 15.

Comment

They got the big sack on 1st down to put the Cowboys in 2nd and 25. So I can’t blame him for calling a timeout to try and get the ball back to score. Not covering the WR on a screen—that’s the defense.

Comment

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
                    58 seconds left before the half and the Cowboys with no timeouts, Pederson started calling timeouts giving the Cowboys time to drive down the field and score...smh
                    Smart time outs. If only they stopped third and 15 ...
                    Last edited by Maniac; 11-12-2018, 07:28 PM.
                    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Eminently debatable.
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        Eminently debatable.
                        True. Depends how much you trust Schwanz.
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

More than that ... how the team was playing to that point is a huge factor that late in the half ... get in the locker room and regroup after a shit first half and keep the game a FG.

The offense couldn't even convert his gamble on 4th and 1 when he could have taken the points ... what made him think they'd do anything if he got the ball?

Get the fuck in the locker room.

He has to read his team and just went with his Denny's menu.
                          Last edited by slag; 11-12-2018, 08:22 PM.
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Injuries/play calling/defensive scheme play a big role, but this team clearly isn't as motivated as they were last year and that starts with Doug. The guy obviously gets a pass for winning a SB, but someone needs to light a fire under this team's ass, they're god awful as favorites and perpetually look unprepared against inferior teams.

There's also a just a factor of the bounces/mojo not going their way this year, so I don't put all the blame on Doug.
                            Last edited by SOS Crunchy; 11-13-2018, 12:05 PM.
                            Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Working...
                            X