X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Eagles player: Pederson is losing control of this team

This is very believable watching them play:

https://www.phillyvoice.com/former-e...-control-team/

Avant provides poor examples, which leads me to think he wants to sound interesting for an interview. Throwing shade like this towards the current Eagles is very McNabb-like. I’m starting to get a better understanding as to why those teams never won a SB.

Grown men are eating this shit up like a soap opera. It’s amazing to watch the mockery of players and coaches, the booing, etc. after just winning a SB last year. I know the SB is in the past, but to pretend to hold the Eagles accountable for success with some of this behavior is bullshit.

It’s just men acting like Nancy’s. It’s not everyone but the collective geighness is there.

Comment

Is anybody really surprised this season is the way it is? Winning a SB is monumental for any team and this is not just another team. Outside of the short off season and injuries the adulation, events, books and other ways to make once in a career money meant they were doomed this year. We are all smart enough to realize this. The simple question is was last year worth having to live through this season. I think the answer is pretty obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
        Is anybody really surprised this season is the way it is? Winning a SB is monumental for any team and this is not just another team. Outside of the short off season and injuries the adulation, events, books and other ways to make once in a career money meant they were doomed this year. We are all smart enough to realize this. The simple question is was last year worth having to live through this season. I think the answer is pretty obvious.
        You quit on this team, go away

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
          This is very believable watching them play:

https://www.phillyvoice.com/former-e...-control-team/
          I don't buy the whole "losing control of the team", this was being said in 2016 after the Bengals game too.

Comment

I don't know about that either but last year's hungry dogs are looking like just dogs this year.

Coming out that flat Sunday night, for THAT game, is pretty telling.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

You quit on this team, go away
              By stating the obvious?

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
                By stating the obvious?
                I believe your words were "I'm Out".

Go, get out of here quitter. Stick by your words.

Comment

I don't know about this. Maybe in the sense that they aren't disciplined on the field. That's for sure. But I don't think Doug has lost the locker room in the Jon Gruden sense.

Honestly, I just don't think they are that good this year. Talent and coaching drop-offs, injuries, some bad breaks. Just doesn't seem like it's meant to be.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Fuck you, Avant.

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelph...one-124620469/
                    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I believe your words were "I'm Out".

Go, get out of here quitter. Stick by your words.
                      I don’t remember that.

Comment

F Jason Avant

Comment

Losing the team may be a tad over the line but these guys aren't playing with much urgency.

Players coach is better than arrogant dick but I'm starting to buy into Avant's message to the extent that I'm leaning toward:

"Nice guy? I don’t give a shit. Good father? Fuck you, go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here? Close."

Last edited by slag; 11-15-2018, 09:37 AM.

Comment

If anything, I think they are trying too hard - especially Wentz. I trust Gomer's read on the team.
                            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I get the vibe that they're finding the pressure of high expectations is harder than self-motivation as underdog overachievers ... which may be the same, or close to, what you're saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X