Sixers trying to trade up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sixers trying to trade up?

Saw a tweet from O'Connor at the Ringer saying that the Sixers had been looking to trade up at one point. Speculation from him was that it was in an attempt to get Trae Young who, apparently, has been lighting it up in workouts. Young apparently cancelled his latest workout with the Sixers.

I have no idea how this all fits in the Colangelo timeline, but I thought it was interesting as I hadn't heard any trade talk.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Isn't he a point guard? That pick would then make sense for this team, like when we kept drafting big men

Comment

Here's an article regarding, of all people, David Griffin, mentioning they are “very much looking to move up to get somebody they think will go in the top five.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...-top-nba-draft

I've been on the fence in which direction I want this team to go. Right now, I don't care if they sign James, Leonard, or George. I don't see this team winning anything significant with any of the three over the few years anyway. Now, if they can get two of the three, they may have a chance. That doesn't appear likely. If they like a shooter in the draft, I'm ok with them going that route. I think I'd be ok if they went another year young and see what develops. Golden State still owns the league so they have no choice but to wait it out. My stance may change later.

Comment

Ehh, I think the Warriors showed this year that they are beatable. Houston wins the WCF with a healthy Chris Paul.

Getting past the Celtics will be the bigger priority for however long this core stays together. For that they need wings that can actually play defense and create their own shot.

If BB truly is the one calling the shots, I have more confidence in him than BC to go after the pieces that this team needs.

Comment

Regardless, there's a big gap between the Sixers and Warriors because they have shooters. The Rockets played them tough because they also have shooters. The Sixers need Simmons and Fultz to develop a shot. Unfortunately, they won't close that gap overnight. That's ok. Let the kids at least play together a year and go from there.

Comment

Yeah, as much as I'd love them to "win now", not sure how feasible that is. Doesn't sound like any of the big names will be coming here.

Comment

I know it's not popular but I prefer them to take a backseat to these current dream teams and wait for them to get older and eventually disband. This core hasn't even played together for a year, yet. I prefer to see Fultz for a full year and go from there. Adding one superstar isn't enough.

Next year, they can reevaluate. Hopefully by then, Devin Booker wants out of Phoenix and becomes the next player to demand a trade.

Comment

where does one acquire

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
                Houston wins the WCF with a healthy Chris Paul.
                a healthy chris paul?

Comment

At this point, with the way things seem to be playing out, I'm viewing winning the East as the ceiling. Nobody in the East (even the Celtics with Kyrie and Hayward) are beating the Warriors.

If this Kawhi/Lebron/George to the Lakers thing happens then the East is going to be completely irrelevant and I don't think we will be able to beat a healthy Celtics team anyway. If we could land either Kawhi or Lebron then we can instantly compete for the East and then pray.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                    a healthy chris paul?
                    at the end of the rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                      Saw a tweet from O'Connor at the Ringer saying that the Sixers had been looking to trade up at one point. Speculation from him was that it was in an attempt to get Trae Young who, apparently, has been lighting it up in workouts. Young apparently cancelled his latest workout with the Sixers.

I have no idea how this all fits in the Colangelo timeline, but I thought it was interesting as I hadn't heard any trade talk.
                      Trading up worked splendidly last year at this time. They should work their magic once again.

Comment

Focus on Boston!!!

The Celtics exposed our flaws; execution, consistent shooting, half court shot creation and perimeter defense. Fix this in this draft via picks or trade. Don't see how young helps here. Bridges helps, Porter helps, Knox helps. Better yet try to trade ALL 6 picks for Lenard.

Comment

Originally posted by TOB_2 View Post
                          The Celtics exposed our flaws; execution, consistent shooting, half court shot creation and perimeter defense. Fix this in this draft via picks or trade. Don't see how young helps here. Bridges helps, Porter helps, Knox helps. Better yet try to trade ALL 6 picks for Lenard.
                          Leonard just announced that regardless of who he is traded to he will be signing with the Lakers or Clippers after the '18-'19 season. I would trade 26 and 36 for one year of his services, but no more.

Comment

The NBA is desperately trying to prevent tanking but they refuse to address these superteams that hurt the league just as much. Fix that problem and tanking will decrease. Silver is a putz.

Comment

Dwight Howard just got traded to Brooklyn for Mozgov.

Looks like Charlotte is all in on tanking. Kemba can't play D but he may be available for cheap...

Comment

Working...
                              X