OL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OL

Foles was willing to take hits, but the protection was great.

I don't buy that the OL has declined as much as people say it has. Yes, Peters is gone after this year, but he's not really worse than Vaitai was down the stretch last season. It seemed like Wis played well tonight. In general, I don't think we had world beaters at LG last season either. Kelce, Brooks, and Johnson were what made the OL special last year (after Peters went down). Those guys are still a great trio.

I'm not trying to start a WIP debate, but I think Wentz was as big a problem in protection as any player on the OL.

No doubt. Foles looked spry compared to Carson the last few games

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
      No doubt. Foles looked spry compared to Carson the last few games
      Yup. Carson looked like he was half dead out there.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Wiz played like he did in 2017 which was a great year for him.

In a thread of unsung heroes for the SB year, I listed him and Big V.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          Foles was willing to take hits
          And I don't think Carson was. Maybe because he's still recovering or maybe because, with his back, he wasn't sure he'd get back up.

I'm in the "he'll be fine next year" camp, but they should shut him down.

Comment

Most QBs in the league would be afraid to take those hits that Foles took on his deep balls last night. What he did with Aaron Donald in his face was crazy.

Comment

I can think of 2

Most QBs in the league would be afraid to take those hits that Foles took on his deep balls last night. What he did with Aaron Donald in his face was crazy.
              that were absolute bellringers. One was a "had to take" shot where Agholor and Jeffrey were totally free. If Foles could have finished it, Jeffrey would have scored.

Comment

Oh please ... Foles was great hangin in there but Wentz and every QB in the league takes those hits.

The difference is that on at least two of them if Brady, Brees, or Rodgers took them they'd get a flag.

If I have nothing to do ... I think I'm going to use NFL Game Pass to watch Wentz really closely in that regard and see if he's been more gun shy this year.
                He's clearly off, but I don't know if I can honestly say he's been avoiding hits (aside from not doing those Houdini escape moves like he did last year)
                Last edited by slag; 12-17-2018, 09:48 AM.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Actually on that one ... if he could have finished his follow through and it went 3-5 yards farther he would have hit Agholor behind Jeffrey for the six instead of throwing a jump ball

Comment

Having Kelce spying and assisting with Donald’s double team was the best coaching move of the season.
                    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I don't think every QB in the league would be willing to take those hits. They both prevented him from following through, but the fact that he left himself open for those hits was impressive.

I don't recall seeing Wentz do that at any point this season, but that's not really the point of this thread. For the record, I don't think Wentz was gun shy either. I think he's had problems sensing the rush. I also think he's gotten himself into jams that he was able to escape last year, but can't this year (and that the OL takes too much of the blame for that).
                      Last edited by art vandelay; 12-18-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

I also think he's gotten himself into jams that he was able to escape last year, but can't this year (and that the OL takes too much of the blame for that).
                        This.

Comment

So let me see if I understand what you're saying.

Are you contending that because he doesn't have what I called last year's Houdini moves, he's creating jams for himself because he cannot adjust to sensing the rush like a player who can't do that should?

If so, I don't disagree.

And which means, either he gets his escapability back or gets a different clock in his head.

Comment

Yes.

edit: and no. Sometimes he senses the rush but doesn't get himself out of it. Sometimes he just stands back there for too long and doesn't know that the rush is coming (nothing to do with lack of escapability compared to last year). See his sack-fumble @ Dallas.
                            Last edited by art vandelay; 12-18-2018, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Ok ... the only thing I'd add to that is that I think expecting that to happen right away is unfair (not saying you think this).

Comment

Working...
                              X