Zion Williamson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zion Williamson

Almost got more then a sprain last night as his foot exploded out of his shoe.

Curious as to whether anyone feels the same way I do.

1. The NCAA is a farce, professional sports masquerading as amateurism that exploits the young athletes

2. That kid should tell duke and the NCAA to kick rocks and sit out until he gets paid for the entertainment he provides.

Last night tickets were going for as much or more then super bowl tickets, and the kids share in zero of that $. I think its disgraceful.

Geezus. He’s getting a free meal plan!

Comment

1. Yes

2. at a minimum, the kids should be able to make money of their likenesses. Seems absurd not to

Comment

The NCAA should create trusts for these guys. Have a portion of revenue directly attributable to the players (jersey sales, advertising that uses them) put in trust until the later of the time they graduate or turn X years of age. That way they get paid for generating revenue for the school but don't get it until they are no longer student athletes.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I think I'm in a huge minority on this, but with a few exceptions like Zion Williamson, I don't think the players are exploited. The universities have built their fan bases over generations and it's their brands that create the following and the money more than the players themselves. Take the same Duke and UNC players from last night, have them sign to play in the Lavar Ball league and see what kind of attendance, media coverage and ticket prices they demand.

I've never heard anyone get bent out of shape by how little (if any) pay is given to the contestants on the Voice or American Idol or whatever the popular show is now. It's essentially the same thing.

Comment

If the players don't matter, then why not let them just go to the NBA at 18?

Comment

Jah sitteth in Mount Zion

And rules all creation!

Comment

Originally posted by udontknowme View Post
                Almost got more then a sprain last night as his foot exploded out of his shoe.

Curious as to whether anyone feels the same way I do.

1. The NCAA is a farce, professional sports masquerading as amateurism that exploits the young athletes

2. That kid should tell duke and the NCAA to kick rocks and sit out until he gets paid for the entertainment he provides.

Last night tickets were going for as much or more then super bowl tickets, and the kids share in zero of that $. I think its disgraceful.
                ALL THIS BECAUSE HIS SHOE BROKE?
                "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                  If the players don't matter, then why not let them just go to the NBA at 18?
                  They definitely should, and the small group of one-and-done players lose big with the current system. That being said, I think for the huge majority of 18 year olds, maybe even 99%+, the NCAA with all of its flaws still provides the best available compensation package.

Comment

A medical doctor breaks his shoe and...

...nobody gives a f*ck.

Comment

are you sure?

Originally posted by jrachiever View Post
                      They definitely should, and the small group of one-and-done players lose big with the current system. That being said, I think for the huge majority of 18 year olds, maybe even 99%+, the NCAA with all of its flaws still provides the best available compensation package.
                      If we organized the rest of the players outside of 1-and-dones, do you think there best comp would be in the NCAA? What about just the power 5 (the real money makers who don't really need the rest of the NCAA)?

Comment

I don't blame Nike AT ALL for this. I mean think about what a basketball shoe upper is, some leather/synthetic material. Zion Williamson is like 6'7 380 -- and moves with QUICKNESS. No leather sneaker upper can be reasonably expected to accommodate the physics. The only other sport with athletes of this variety moving and stopping at that rate is ice hockey and that footwear is usually made with BALLISTIC NYLON
                        Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

College sports might be the only institution that doesn’t allow adults to partake in capitalism.
                          Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Working...
                          X