IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 07-26-2018, 10:25 PM   #1
91EaglesD

Default Aside from Big Dick Nick, if you could personally thank...

Any 2017 Eagle player, coach or front office member who would it be? Thereís obviously a ton of viable choices but I think I have to go Alshon. Corps were a disaster a year before, he got better as year went on and was best on biggest stage. Not to mention to play thru a torn rotator cuff is no joke, I had that surgery and Iím sure he has a way to go to be ready.

Who ya got?
Unread 07-26-2018, 10:51 PM   #2
BigSlizz
2014 IGGLEPHANS SUICIDE POOL CHAMPION

BigSlizz is an unknown quantity at this point

Lane Johnson. The offense completely different when he's a part of it. Plus, he was Long's counterpart on the whole underdog thing, which was a big emotional boost.

Last edited by BigSlizz; 07-26-2018 at 10:52 PM.
BigSlizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2018, 10:52 PM   #3
Drama Queen

Drama Queen is an unknown quantity at this point

Pederson is an obvious choice but letís go with the left side of the OL. Wiz and Big V were not penciled in as starters a year ago. Wiz eventually stepped in and solidified the OL and Big V played well against big time talent.
Drama Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2018, 10:53 PM   #4
dev_32

Blount. I thought the guy was a piece of shit. He turned out to be one hell of a teammate
dev_32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2018, 11:02 PM  
Posted in reply to dev_32's post starting "Blount. I thought the guy was a piece..."
Cheesesteak

Cheesesteak is an unknown quantity at this point

Shout out to Agholor...for getting his head on straight and turning his career around in a HUGE way. Dude made some HUGE catches for the team this season...we weren't sure if he was a bust before the season started.
Unread 07-26-2018, 11:41 PM  
Posted in reply to Cheesesteak's post starting "Shout out to Agholor...for getting his..."
EagleFanInMD

Jake Elliot. Comes in as Unknown kicker, hits the big one. Rest his history. He missed some, don't get me wrong. But was instrumental in the season.
EagleFanInMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2018, 11:51 PM  
Posted in reply to Cheesesteak's post starting "Shout out to Agholor...for getting his..."
brotherharv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak View Post
Shout out to Agholor...for getting his head on straight and turning his career around in a HUGE way. Dude made some HUGE catches for the team this season...we weren't sure if he was a bust before the season started.
Patrick Robinson solidified the slot corner and provided the play that took control of the NFCCG at a time where the Queens were starting to smell themselves a bit. Tried to go with the less obvious choice.
brotherharv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2018, 12:04 AM   #8
Dan Drives a Van

Dan Drives a Van is on a distinguished road

Brandon Graham.

Guy had some tough years early in his career. Was asked to totally change his game for the 3-4. Never went negative. Always kept working. Total difference-maker all of last year, and when it counted.
Dan Drives a Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2018, 01:09 AM  
DEERSPINE GUY
LEGEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak View Post
ANY TIME ANYONE MENTIONS AGHOLOR IN A GOOD WAY, I CAN'T HELP BUT REMEMBER DIGGLE SAYING, GIVE THE GUY A YEAR TO GET HIS SHIT TOGETHER, HE'LL COME THROUGH THIS AND BE A MORE THAN COMPETENT RECEIVER. RIGHT ON TARGET DIGGS.

I WOULD THANK ANY MEMBER, COACH, WATER BOY ETC ETC. OF OUR SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS....
Unread 07-27-2018, 06:00 AM   #10
bobbyuk

bobbyuk is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll go with Pederson on this. He knows he wasn't the Birds' number one choice and endured a lot of slings and arrows. I told my Eagles friends over here to give the guy more than a year--he was an ex-player--not only that, but a fairly recent ex-player and the guy knew what it would take to lead that locker room. But I think the seeds were sown not in 2017--but in 2016, when he publicly questioned the players' effort in the loss to Cincy. He got together with his players council, they discussed it and closed out the year with 2 wins and an impressive showing against the Ravens in a close loss.

Plus, if you look at that first year, if he'd made a few different calls or they would have executed better, they could have at least been 12-4 his rookie year.
bobbyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2018, 07:35 AM   #11
Raptor

Raptor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good post....tough choice but I would start with Kelce

...for saying to the nation what we have been wanting to say for years. Plus I doubted him for a long time, I owe him an apology.

After that, Long & Jenkins, leaders on and off the field.... then Clement, the guy brought it and opened a lot of eyes.
Unread 07-27-2018, 10:05 AM   #12
Ellsworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91EaglesD View Post
Any 2017 Eagle player, coach or front office member who would it be? Thereís obviously a ton of viable choices but I think I have to go Alshon. Corps were a disaster a year before, he got better as year went on and was best on biggest stage. Not to mention to play thru a torn rotator cuff is no joke, I had that surgery and Iím sure he has a way to go to be ready.

Who ya got?
Thought of 4 guys immediately but Iíll go with Nigel Bradham.

He was beyond huge all season, especially with the injuries at that spot. Kendrickís played as well as he ever had here, no question. You gotta think playing next to Bradham raised his level of play. . His style and tenacity had a ripple effect.

(Others in consideration: Jenkins, Cox, Ertz, Graham)
Ellsworth is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2018, 10:15 AM   #13
IronEagle
El-Correctomundo

IronEagle is an unknown quantity at this point

HowLo

The guy took a lot of abuse, but starting with getting Wentz he made the moves which made this possible.

Also Wentz. He put BDN in the position to make this possible.
Unread 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM   #14
slag

slag is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I thanked all of them already

in 4 monthly payments
Unread 07-27-2018, 10:53 AM  
Posted in reply to slag's post "I thanked all of them already"
Susquehanna Birder

Bwah! So true.

I helped them win a Super Bowl...and I didn't even get a lousy tee shirt.
Unread 07-27-2018, 11:04 AM  
Posted in reply to slag's post "I thanked all of them already"
Ellsworth

SOLID
Ellsworth is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2018, 03:28 PM   #17
Dim Bulb

Dim Bulb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Howie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91EaglesD View Post

Who ya got?
I've seen him in a bathing suit. Therefore, I know more about the Eagles than any of you.
Unread 07-28-2018, 09:44 AM   #18
nerd

nerd is an unknown quantity at this point

Pederson. He changed the culture of the team. I expect them to win because he brims with confidence.
Unread 07-28-2018, 01:20 PM  
Posted in reply to bobbyuk's post starting "I'll go with Pederson on this. He knows..."
IronEagle
El-Correctomundo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyuk View Post
I'll go with Pederson on this. He knows he wasn't the Birds' number one choice and endured a lot of slings and arrows. I told my Eagles friends over here to give the guy more than a year--he was an ex-player--not only that, but a fairly recent ex-player and the guy knew what it would take to lead that locker room. But I think the seeds were sown not in 2017--but in 2016, when he publicly questioned the players' effort in the loss to Cincy. He got together with his players council, they discussed it and closed out the year with 2 wins and an impressive showing against the Ravens in a close loss.

Plus, if you look at that first year, if he'd made a few different calls or they would have executed better, they could have at least been 12-4 his rookie year.
If you coach a team to a SB championship you have credibility going forward.
Unread 07-28-2018, 01:20 PM   #20
IronEagle
El-Correctomundo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
...for saying to the nation what we have been wanting to say for years. Plus I doubted him for a long time, I owe him an apology.

After that, Long & Jenkins, leaders on and off the field.... then Clement, the guy brought it and opened a lot of eyes.
I doubted him too.

All I need is my signature line...