I am on Team Gravy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am on Team Gravy

What more could I hope to get out of football than we got last season?

Carson was electric. In game one, escaping pressure for a long TD to Agholor!? Ducking under crashing defense week after week...that game against the Cardinals where we torched them and Agholor again was superhuman...

DOMINATING Denver in their fieldhouse...the defense was excellent, Mills emerged as a real personality that was making it FUN!

Clement. Clement. Clement.

When Carson goes down who could have possibly imagined what was to come?

Foles revitalizes his career? We beat ATL...The ball bounces RIGHT to Torrey Smith...I have never seen the Eagles on the winning end of plays like that in my life...Julio Jones slips and falls? What!!?

MIN, absolutely SMOKED MIN....my wife and I watched that game in COMPLETE SILENCE! Barely a word was spoken it was like witnessing some sort of unconscionable event...just shock and awe...

And then go toe to toe with Brady & Co.? It was just surreal and no season past of future can top it. It's a shame for Carson that he won't get all the glory for this one and he still may in another...

But no season will be more special, more complete, more of a team triumph.

I hope Carson comes back and wins 3 more. But it won't be like that ever again. The anticipation, exaltation...a moment etched in my poetic memory forever.
    Charismatic megafauna.

Yep. Nothing will ever be like the first time. Etched in your mind forever.

I'm excited to get things started this year, but it does feel different. No looming sense of distant dread...and it's almost like playing with house money. But I'm still fired up to get this thing going. Again.

Comment

Yep, I think I'm there. We'll see how I feel if they get down early tomorrow night.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
        But no season will be more special, more complete, more of a team triumph.

I hope Carson comes back and wins 3 more. But it won't be like that ever again. The anticipation, exaltation...a moment etched in my poetic memory forever.
        Agree with all of this but I want to see these guys repeat. I always said if the Eagles win one super bowl I wont ask for another win for any of my teams for the rest of my life but tomorrow night we are all 0-0 again. Going back to back would be special but I agree last year was perfect and will never be topped. Still doesnt seem real.
        Last edited by broadstreetparade; 09-05-2018, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Just understand that a slow start doesnt mean a bad season

this team will hit its stride in late Oct...I wouldn't be surprised in any way they go 8-1 to close the season.
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
          X