Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klentac's folding all you suckers!!!

https://twitter.com/MattGelb/status/1097944566941007872

Matt Klentak: “If the reports are true, this contract will exceed our valuation. Sometimes you have to walk away.”

Phillies, of course, are still in on Bryce Harper.

Boras: Bryce has reservations about Philly

Klentak: That Machado contract has a higher value than we expected.

Someone will blink.

Comment

Interesting comment. I would have thought for sure they valued manny over Bryce which should mean they are out on both, no?

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeHeadedMonster View Post
        Interesting comment. I would have thought for sure they valued manny over Bryce which should mean they are out on both, no?
        Everything I read was the opposite for “all” teams

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeHeadedMonster View Post
          Their preference has been Harper for a while now and that is who they will end up signing, probably by the end of the week.

Comment

You said they were getting both.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
              You said they were getting both.

Comment

We need some Pinnochio icons for fact checking.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                  We need some Pinnochio icons for fact checking.
                  I don't believe I ever predicted they would sign both. I was hopeful they would, but didn't think it was likely.

Comment

They have added two 2018 all-stars (Segura and Realmuto), a veteran former MVP who can still play (McCutcheon), and one of the best relievers in the game (Robertson).

They won 80 games in 2018 and have lost no one of value from their major league roster. This is absolutely a high 80 to low 90 win team as currently constructed.

They are also going to add two or three of the following: Harper, Machado, Keuchel, Kimbrel.

When all is said and done their expected win total is going to approach 100. Make no mistake Middleton is going all in.
                    I guess you didn't predict that they'd sign both, but now I can sleep easy knowing that they'll sign Harper, Keuchel, and Kimbrel!

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                      I guess you didn't predict that they'd sign both, but now I can sleep easy knowing that they'll sign Harper, Keuchel, and Kimbrel!
                      Ouch.

Comment

Working...
                      X