No announcement yet.

We could be talking beisbol, but.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We could be talking beisbol, but.......

why?

Watching the Phils today is like serving a sentence. Lackluster offense. Terrible defense. Harper, even after 8 seasons, still can’t run the bases. Phils making Corbin, with his sexy 4.5 era, look like Koufax.

Sad how quickly this season of promise is turning to shit.
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
    why?

Watching the Phils today is like serving a sentence. Lackluster offense. Terrible defense. Harper, even after 8 seasons, still can’t run the bases. Phils making Corbin, with his sexy 4.5 era, look like Koufax.

I'm torn on whether or not I even want them to make a move at the break. The entire pitching staff is at least three good arms from respectability, and the farm's already thin (2 players in the top 100, compared to six for Atlanta). I think I'd rather see them let it ride, take stock of what they have, and makes some moves in the offseason.

If they can squeak into a wild card spot this season, I'll be thrilled (and shocked).

Comment

thank god for eflin.

Comment

Losing Cutch is really starting to kill them. Nobody is working in that leadoff spot.

Comment

cesar should be effective. He is (obviously) not.

Comment

Cesar should still be leading off

The shit for brains Gabe could have kept a semblance of a regular lineup.

Speaking of Gabe, I think he’s having an affair with Cole Irvin. How else do you explain him pitching in the bottom of the 8th only to give up back to back taters to a couple of worthless douchebags?

You got it Duck. Our pitching sure makes crappy hitters look good.

To paraphrase:

If you can’t slap around Phillies pitching, who can you slap around?
            "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
              why?

What a disaster of a team right now. There’s no reason they can’t turn it around, but it’s gonna have to be pretty soon...

Comment

They have 45 games against Marlins, Mets, Pirates, Giants and Tigers.

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                but it’s gonna have to be pretty soon...
                chill.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                  chill.
                  Ya, no big deal losing 11-17...

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                    Ya, no big deal losing 11-17...
                    Every good team has at least one extended bad run a season. It doesn't mean this isn't a playoff team.

I think people still feel burned from their second half collapse last year and assume it is happening again.

However, I would be lying if I said I felt supremely confident. Kinda hard to feel that way considering they haven't finished above .500 since 2011.

They may still be a year away from true contention. The pitching staff is a bit of a mess at the moment.

Comment

*12 of 18

Comment

Working...
                      X