Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’d like to take my old Louisville Slugger.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’d like to take my old Louisville Slugger.....

And shove it up Gabe’s dumb ass!

Nice to load the sacks and have Altherr and his gaudy .178 average come to the plate in the first inning.
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
    And shove it up Gabe’s dumb ass!

Nice to load the sacks and have Altherr and his gaudy .178 average come to the plate in the first inning.
    What these analytics guys don't really think about is that you are going by analytics alone you might as well put an AI algorithm in your place.

You think AI would have approved "Philly, Philly"?
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

to be fair, analytics were part of the reason that the eagles went for it on 4th down so much last season.

i'm in the minority, but i think kapler is doing the best he can with what he has.

Comment

Are you really OK with him batting Altherr.....

who can’t hit close to his own weight fifth in the order?

That is plain incompetence.
        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

i don't claim to know a lot about baseball, but i think he does it every few games out of necessity. it's not like he usually has a world beater in the 5 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            to be fair, analytics were part of the reason that the eagles went for it on 4th down so much last season.

i'm in the minority, but i think kapler is doing the best he can with what he has.
            I'm agnostic with regards to Kapler. I'm willing to give him a season or more.

But I stand by my statement that if you are going to completely rely on analytics, you might as well put a computer in control of the manager's role.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Gabe haters are obxonious and irrational.

This team was the third worst in baseball last year. It is June 28 and they are only 2.5 games out of first place.

Ya think that maybe, just maybe, Gabe has something to do with that turnaround?

Bottomline...people don't like Gabe b/c they know their wives all want to sit on his face, he is far too positive, and is a "numbers guy." I swear, at least 25% of the fanbase would be thrilled if Klentak dug up Dallas Green's corpse and installed it as manager.

Comment

Seems you want him sitting on your face.
                Last edited by slag; 06-28-2018, 08:16 AM.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

PS - I truly do not think Kapler is the reason they're winning ... the lineup (with perhaps the exception of Herrera and Hernandez) has actually vastly under-achieved.

And he's lost more games than he's won with his bullpen moves.

The reason for their record is that the starting pitching has been astoundingly better than anyone expected, a group he was fucking around with at the beginning of the year with his anal-itics.

I actually believe they'd have a better record with Macannin or Wathan running the show.

But what do I know ... maybe he's learning on the job and will actually develop a feel for the game instead of using a script.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I agree with slaggo

I am not a Gabe hater; I just don’t think he does a very good job.

Like he’s not very good at making out a lineup card or managing a bullpen. Also, this leaning heavily on analytics is a total load of crap. He has potential to become a good manager, but he’s still got a lot to learn.

Now, I don’t think it applies to hawk, but I’d bet dollars to doughnuts that rdog5 would kill to have Gabe sit on his face.
                    Last edited by Overbrook; 06-28-2018, 10:04 AM.

Comment

I'm fine with Gabe and he's not a strict analytics guy, but he does use the numbers a lot.

His positivity bullshit is grating on the fans though, myself included.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                        I'm fine with Gabe and he's not a strict analytics guy, but he does use the numbers a lot.

His positivity bullshit is grating on the fans though, myself included.
                        Yeah, the BS seems to be working with the players though, which is all that really matters.

Pete was a milquetoast loser; I am glad grandpa is gone.

Comment

For once we agree. I'll never understand the Pete Mackanin love. Maybe it was because he followed Sandberg, who was one of the worst managers of all time?

Comment

Working...
                          X