Tatum should have gotten ROY, Defensive POY and MVP

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
        Tatum should have gotten ROY, Defensive POY and MVP
        I thought he got jobbed for Coach of the Year too

Comment

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
          Tatum
          Hope that is sarcasm. He got hot against the Sixers but overall he had a good, but not great, season. His ceiling is much lower than Simmons, or Fultz for that matter.

Comment

Good God please stop mentioning Yippy Mc Choke Choke

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
              Good God please stop mentioning Yippy Mc Choke Choke
              Markelle gonna prove all you haters wrong next season!

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                Markelle gonna prove all you haters wrong next season!
                They tried to trade him.

He’s not even ready to play in summer league.

I hope you’re right, but it’s not looking good.

Comment

They did not try to trade him. There were "discussions" in the FO about trading him, which I'm sure at some point there's discussions about trading any and every player.

The trade in question was him, 10 and 26 to move up to get MPJ. They passed on MPJ at 10, why would they have "tried" to trade Fultz (and then A LOT more) to move up to get him only to pass on him later? Clickbait is why.

He's working with a renowned skills instructor (who everyone's beloved Tatum goes to as well) and is building the shot from the ground up. You spent all year saying it's "not looking good" for him because he had a f'd up shot and/or wouldn't shoot. Fair assessment. Now, he's actually working with someone who can help fix the shot and because it's not a fast enough progression, it's still not looking good. Hanlen has always been very upfront about how long it takes to rebuild any player's shot. Just gotta trust his process.

Edit to add: I don't know why, but since the start of this whole ordeal, I've gone into full "stan for Markelle and keep the faith" mode. Who knows if that'll work out for me (like it would have for anyone who stuck by Agholor) but I think he's a good, if slightly immature, kid who started getting unnecessarily shit on because of everything. So, yeah, all future Markelle discussion, just assume I'll be defending him, sometimes irrationally ha.
                  Last edited by Sect 236; 06-26-2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                    They did not try to trade him. There were "discussions" in the FO about trading him, which I'm sure at some point there's discussions about trading any and every player.

The trade in question was him, 10 and 26 to move up to get MPJ. They passed on MPJ at 10, why would they have "tried" to trade Fultz (and then A LOT more) to move up to get him only to pass on him later? Clickbait is why.

He's working with a renowned skills instructor (who everyone's beloved Tatum goes to as well) and is building the shot from the ground up. You spent all year saying it's "not looking good" for him because he had a f'd up shot and/or wouldn't shoot. Fair assessment. Now, he's actually working with someone who can help fix the shot and because it's not a fast enough progression, it's still not looking good. Hanlen has always been very upfront about how long it takes to rebuild any player's shot. Just gotta trust his process.

Edit to add: I don't know why, but since the start of this whole ordeal, I've gone into full "stan for Markelle and keep the faith" mode. Who knows if that'll work out for me (like it would have for anyone who stuck by Agholor) but I think he's a good, if slightly immature, kid who started getting unnecessarily shit on because of everything. So, yeah, all future Markelle discussion, just assume I'll be defending him, sometimes irrationally ha.

There are just so many strange things about the entire (ongoing) story. The guy has put up several videos (or someone else has) of him doing these incredible dunks...yet he’s not gonna play in summer league?

Even talks of trading him has to give you a bad taste in your mouth.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LVvNE_CTTc

You can watch the whole thing if you want, but, in here Hanlen says that his belief is it takes 3 months to completely change a shot. If a player comes to him in hopes of changing their shot he tells them that he needs 3 months of no pick up or organized games because until the shot is perfected, they'll fall right back into bad habits as soon as they start playing.

Hanlen has been VERY open about Markelle's shot, his "yips" and the progression they've made. He's been very confident in talking about where they will be at the end of the summer. Think about how the Sixers were so secretive about all of this. They didn't know what exactly was wrong and how exactly to fix it so they kept quiet. Hanlen is being extremely vocal. He's got it diagnosed with a plan to fix and is happy with the realtime results.

Personally, if not seeing Fultz play in Summer League means he's doing what Hanlen wants/needs to get the shot right, so be it. I'd rather see a fully unlocked Fultz for the regular season than rush him into Summer League.
                      Last edited by Sect 236; 06-26-2018, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X