I was grateful to see the ALL ERTZ OFFENSE out the door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was grateful to see the ALL ERTZ OFFENSE out the door

Carson zeroing in and staring him down before moving onto another recievers.

If we actually had a legit RB, this offense would have been much more efficient. Adams is too clunky. Smallwood is like a poor man's Buckhalter.
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

No YAC Zach

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post

If we actually had a legit RB, this offense would have been much more efficient. Adams is too clunky. Smallwood is like a poor man's Buckhalter.
      Perfect description of Smallwood
      I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

WAS TALKING ABOUT THIS WITH THE GANG. ALSHON, AGS AND THE REST NEED THE BALL TOO.
        Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 12-17-2018, 11:59 PM.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Yeah, like I don't get why you would throw to a top-3 TE when you can target the 117th best WR in Nelson Agholor or easily a top-32 receiver in Alshon.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
            Yeah, like I don't get why you would throw to a top-3 TE when you can target the 117th best WR in Nelson Agholor or easily a top-32 receiver in Alshon.
            THEY WOULDN'T BE TOP 3 OR 117 OR 32 IF YA SPREAD THE BALL AROUND TO EVERYONE YA PAY TO CATCH IT.

Comment

Chiefs offense is clicking and Mahomes is odds on MVP candidate

So lets compare:

On the Chiefs:

Travis Kelce has been targeted 132 times by Pat Mahomes.

He's targeted Tyreek Hill 121 times.

Next is Watkins with 55

On the Eagles:

Zach Ertz has been targeted 136 times.

Jeffery and Agholor 82 and 84 respectively.

So the Eagles target Ertz 4 more times than the Chiefs target Kelce ... and target their top two receivers a whopping 10 less times in 15 games than the Chiefs have their top two receivers.

I guess Melchoir has a point about really good TE's getting targeted.

And I'd bet big money no one in KC is bitching about a Kelce-heavy offense.
              Last edited by slag; 12-18-2018, 08:03 AM.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

MA-MAN DOIN THE RESEARCH.

I LOVE IT WHEN A QB SPREADS THE BALL ALL OVER THE PARK. I LIKE WHEN ALSHON GETS TARGETED, THAT BEING SAID, MAYBE DEFENSES, FOR THE MOST PART HAVE TAKEN HIM OUT OF THE EQUATION, DOUBLE TEAMS, ETC. AND THAT'S WHAT IS FREEING ERTZ UP SO MUCH.

TO ADD: I'M GOING TO CHECK BRADY AND GRONK TO SEE HOW MANY HE GETS. I'LL BET IT'S WAY MORE THAN ANY OTHER RECIEVER ALSO.
                Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 12-18-2018, 08:59 AM.

Comment

The concept that the offense is Ertz-heavy made me think of Kelce and I decided to check it out ... I wasn't sure what I would find but the spreading on the Chiefs is pretty damn similar to the Eagles.

The most surprising number there for me is how much Agholor has been targeted ... my sense was that he had been the forgotten man, compared to last year.

Comment

A ton of targets early in year.
                    Especially when all the other WRs were hurt/not on team yet
                    I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

INTERESTING: FROM WHAT I FOUND,
                      TARGETS
                      EDELMAN- 92- 10 GAMES
                      GORDON- 68- 11 GAMES
                      GRONK-67- 11 GAMES
                      HOGAN -44 -14 GAMES.
                      DORSETT-32- 14 GAMES.

Comment

Adams is a poor man's Chris Brown. Remember that stiff? Also a Notre Dame alum.
                        Last edited by BigSlizz; 12-18-2018, 10:46 AM.
                        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

It's not about PFF ratings, it's about Foles's rapport with Jeffery. Establishing that early allowed the offense to flow. I've posted this before, but have you not noticed that Ertz catches like...a LOT of passes when we lose?

Let's look at his 10+ catch games this season: Tampa, Tenn, Minn, Dallas. All losses. He also had 9 against Carolina. Obviously he's not the one causing the team to play poorly in these games, but I do think heavy Ertz is an indicator that we're abandoning the run and the QB is looking to his safety valve.

In 2014, 2015, and 2016, exessive targets for Ertz were also a bad indicator. By comparison, Kelce has only caught 9 passes in a game 3 times in his career. Twice this season, one of those games being losses.

Another difference between these guys is their ability to get downfield and ability to create after the catch. Kelce is used a lot more like a WR than Ertz. I mentioned the Carolina game (and 9 catches) because that was a Kelce-esque game from Ertz, averaging 15 yards per catch. I don't think that game was comparable to others in which Ertz gets too many targets. But let's take the Minnesota game and the first Dallas game. Of course Ertz played great, but the offense got off to a terrible start in each game, and Wentz ended up with misleading stats.
                          Last edited by art vandelay; 12-18-2018, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Oh brother ... if the Eagle defense held fucking leads and they were 9 or 10 wins like they should be ... no one would be complaining about Zach fucking Ertz.

Comment

I'm not complaining about Zach Ertz.

The two ridiculous losses this season were as much on the offense as the defense. Let's take a look at the run/pass ratio in those games that I pointed out:

Tampa - 54 dropbacks, 21 rushes
                              Tennessee - 56 dropbacks, 20 rushes
                              Minnesota - 43 dropbacks, 12 rushes
                              Carolina - 44 dropbacks, 22 rushes (this loss I would put on the defense)
                              Dallas - 48 dropbacks, 14 rushes

All I'm saying is that going too heavy on Ertz is an indicator that we're abandoning the run and a TE is getting too many targets. It doesn't mean he's not a top-3 TE. I don't think it's a coincidence that his stats in wins this year look more like his 2017 numbers.

Comment

Working...
                              X