X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong.
    WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

NO SHIT SHERLOCK. MY SISTER HAS A MENTAL ILLNESS THAT HAS LIVING IN A HOME FOR FORTY YEARS.

I HAVE LIVED WITH MENTAL ILLNESS IN MY HOME IN MY LIFE.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by Corkey_for_President View Post
        Wrong.
        MAYBE.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
          NO SHIT SHERLOCK. MY SISTER HAS A MENTAL ILLNESS THAT HAS LIVING IN A HOME FOR FORTY YEARS.

I HAVE LIVED WITH MENTAL ILLNESS IN MY HOME IN MY LIFE.
          Then you should know people cant just escape their mental illness or addictions just because they have a million dollars.

Comment

I understand completely. I also understand when you do drugs the first time you have a choice, then as time wears on you also have a choice to continue or just stop.

I'm aware of what mental illness is, I'm also aware of what a drug addict is. I've, we've all have lost friends.

If I had known Chris was doing H, I woulda locked him in house and slapped him around. He was 28
            But it was his choice to do drugs and leave his three y.o. daughter alone.

I'm still friends with his his father.

He wasn't mentally ill, just a weak fucking asshole, that we all loved dearly. Yea I'm bitter when it comes to drug abuse.

Edit to add: And if you call me a Neanderthal again I will beat you with the tree trunk a bop my wife over the head with!!!!
            Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 12-21-2018, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Then you should also know that some people are predisposed to addiction and can’t help it. I’m not sure that makes them weak just because they cave in. I’d be shocked if any of us can’t tell a personal story about addiction or mental illness - whether it’s in the first person or about I loved one.

Josh Gordon is a tragedy. Anybody else who losses their battle with addiction and / or mental illness is just as tragic. A little more compassion in our world - especially today - would make it a much better place.
              WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

This is true...but somewhere along the line there has to be a point where personal responsibility kicks in. This guy has been given many chances, and while I can appreciate him not being able to shake off his inner demons, it's not unreasonable (if maybe not accurate) for somebody to suggest that maybe he just isn't trying hard enough. That doesn't make somebody callous or less compassionate.

Comment

I hear ya. I’d tend to err on the compassionate side since none of us know the particulars in this case or many others for that matter.
                  WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Tend to agree here. SI did a really long piece that detailed how he grew up and how he actually excelled while high and drunk in games all the way thru 2013. Worth reading. I could dig up
                    I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Saw it. Good read and very telling about all of those who enabled him by looking away - only because he could play football.
                      WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...
                      X