Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I loved all the Bear fellating this off-season

They have 7-9 written all over them

Lotto numbers for Saturday ... whatcha got?
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

The Bears would be very dangerous if they had a real QB.

The fact that the Packers appear to finally have a defense to go with their real QB isn't comforting.
      Last edited by art vandelay; 09-06-2019, 12:06 AM.

Comment

A couple of things stood out to me aside from

the obvious poor Trubisky play:

- The Packers were able to generate pressure rushing four a lot of the time. I think the Bears' oline is a little overrated or at least under-discussed. The Leno, Jr. kid really screwed them with those 2 penalties on the drive where they were at around midfield, then it ended up being 1st and 40.

- All offseason, there was talk that this Montgomery kid and the addition of Mike Davis were going to help Trubisky out. The Bears ran the ball a FF-esque 23%. It was almost like they missed Jordan Howard.

- I think that Nagy's kicker bullshit (making them kick 43-yarders at the end of each training camp practice) is going to blow up in his face. NBC cut to a shot of the smug ST coach nodding after Pineiro hit that kick, then Pineiro proceeds to shank the kickoff OB. OTOH-that GB punter hit a clutch bomb there at the end.

Comment

PLENTY OF TEAMS LOOKED LIKE SHIT FIRST GAME AND WENT ON A TEAR TO WIN DIVISION.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Exactly...

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
            PLENTY OF TEAMS LOOKED LIKE SHIT FIRST GAME AND WENT ON A TEAR TO WIN DIVISION.
            ...week 1 is the most difficult to predict and the most prone to bizarre upsets. No cohesion, too many wrinkles that still need ironing, lack of practice.

It’s how you are playing later in the season that tells the real story.
            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Exactly

2.0/ that's why I never bet the 1st week...I tell the old man,, sit it out,,we'll pick next week..

would not be surprised if a lot of games go like this; with so many starters not taking snaps.
              Last edited by TRENT; 09-06-2019, 10:13 AM.
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

Maybe it’s just my perception...

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                2.0/ that's why I never bet the 1st week...I tell the old man,, sit it out,,we'll pick next week..

would not be surprised if a lot of games go like this; with so many starters not taking snaps.
                ...but I cannot recall a preseason league wide where starters got so little on field action.

I’m expecting some sloppy play the first couple of weeks until teams find their stride and identity.
                "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Working...
                X