IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 03-12-2018, 07:52 AM   #1
Ground_Meat

Default Patrick Robinson back?

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...lphia-nfl-slot

Sounds like Darby or Mills is definitely gone to me...
Ground_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2018, 08:27 AM  
Posted in reply to Ground_Meat's post "Patrick Robinson back?"
ishimonster

I think people overestimate Mills' trade value. He proved me wrong with his development last season but NFL GMs value draft pedigree and he doesn't have it.

Darby does and he's on the last year of his rookie deal. Probably won't be able to afford him next year. Makes sense...
ishimonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2018, 08:42 AM  
dev_32

Would we even get a 3rd for him? We traded Matthews and a 3 to get him
dev_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2018, 09:26 AM  
Posted in reply to dev_32's post starting "Would we even get a 3rd for him? We..."
Spartan92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev_32 View Post
Would we even get a 3rd for him? We traded Matthews and a 3 to get him
why wouldn't we get a 3rd? Starting cornerback, very very good cornerback and we gave up a #2 receiver and 3rd how can we not get at least a 3rd for him?
Spartan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2018, 09:34 AM  
Posted in reply to Spartan92's post starting "why wouldn't we get a 3rd? Starting..."
BIG JAY

BIG JAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Other teams don't care what we gave for him...hopefully he played well enough to get something decent in return.
BIG JAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2018, 09:34 AM  
Posted in reply to Spartan92's post starting "why wouldn't we get a 3rd? Starting..."
Spartan92

they must really believe in Sidney Jones and his recovery bc Mills is just ok get burnt a lot and Rasul played well but didn't play for half a season so is still fairly unknown. You don't make trade for a 3rd round pick for a starting cornerback for a player in the draft with a 50% chance to make it in the NFL
Unread 03-12-2018, 09:56 AM  
Posted in reply to Spartan92's post starting "they must really believe in Sidney..."
dev_32

Do you think Darby played well? He looked really, really bad at times. Not saying that won't get fixed. But the team is strapped for cash, and he is going to want a big contract next year.....
Unread 03-12-2018, 10:01 AM  
Posted in reply to dev_32's post starting "Do you think Darby played well? He..."
Spartan92

Quote:
Do you think Darby played well? He looked really, really bad at times. Not saying that won't get fixed. But the team is strapped for cash, and he is going to want a big contract next year.....
I agree I was actually saying the team looked better in the secondary without him but you will get more value for him than anyone else.. Mills looked just as bad at times and didn't have the picks to go along with the bad play.. point is do we really have that great of a secondary? I am skeptical and i don't have an issue getting rid of him but will a 3rd rounder help us out more this year than Darby if Jones doesn't pan out in the secondary?
Unread 03-12-2018, 10:03 AM  
Posted in reply to Spartan92's post starting "I agree I was actually saying the team..."
dev_32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan92 View Post
I agree I was actually saying the team looked better in the secondary without him but you will get more value for him than anyone else.. Mills looked just as bad at times and didn't have the picks to go along with the bad play.. point is do we really have that great of a secondary? I am skeptical and i don't have an issue getting rid of him but will a 3rd rounder help us out more this year than Darby if Jones doesn't pan out in the secondary?
Resigning Robinson is puzzling, especially after acquiring Worley in the Torey Smith trade.
Unread 03-12-2018, 10:06 AM  
Posted in reply to dev_32's post starting "Resigning Robinson is puzzling,..."
Spartan92

Quote:
Resigning Robinson is puzzling, especially after acquiring Worley in the Torey Smith trade.
yup that is the weird one! He will not have another year like last year
Unread 03-12-2018, 10:16 AM  
art vandelay
de Madrid

art vandelay is an unknown quantity at this point

not really sure what they're doing. paying for a 30-year old CB usually isn't a good idea. i don't know if they're looking to move darby or would even be able to. i thought he was pretty good outside of the super bowl last year, so i'd rather see him stick around. in a trade they'd probably get less than they gave up, and getting rid of a rookie contract doesn't help them much with the cap.

i don't think they're relying on worley at all. might not even make the team, but it's still a headscratcher why they would stockpile CBs like this.

-Dominic Rhodes
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2018, 10:44 AM  
Snakebitten

Quote:
Put me down as one who doesn't like this move if it happens. I prefer everyone walks and see what we get in compensatory picks in 2019. These players should be easily replaceable. I hate seeing anyone pay a one-year wonder guy.
Snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2018, 10:48 AM  
Posted in reply to Snakebitten's post starting "Put me down as one who doesn't like..."
Ground_Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebitten View Post
Put me down as one who doesn't like this move if it happens. I prefer everyone walks and see what we get in compensatory picks in 2019. These players should be easily replaceable. I hate seeing anyone pay a one-year wonder guy.
There still seems to be some speculation here...no strong sources as of now. We’ll see.

Also, if Robinson takes a discounted rate, I’d be good with it. He was probably their best overall CB last season.
Ground_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2018, 11:19 AM  
Posted in reply to Snakebitten's post starting "Put me down as one who doesn't like..."
06hawkalum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebitten View Post
Wow, that didn't take long!

What happened to "in Howie we trust"?
06hawkalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2018, 11:40 AM  
The Duck

Quote:
I thought bringing back Robinson made the most sense of all of their free agents. We don’t have a slot guy, he’s not going to cost that much money, and they’re probably ly getting a hometown discount. Good fit, I’m glad he’s coming back.
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2018, 12:07 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "I thought bringing back Robinson made..."
art vandelay
de Madrid

idk, desperate teams have a habit of throwing money at CBs. seems like they also had a succession plan in place with jones and darby starting, and mills moving to the slot. i just assumed they'd say thanks for a great year, and let robinson make his money elsewhere. maybe teams are recognizing that it's not wise to throw money at a 30-year old slot CB.

-Dominic Rhodes
Unread 03-12-2018, 12:23 PM  
Posted in reply to dev_32's post starting "Do you think Darby played well? He..."
RSE
Señor Counsel

I don’t get the Darby hate. He is undisputedly the most physically gifted of the corners, he closed on the ball, and he played well in Buffalo. Maybe it was the scheme or the coverage he was being asked to play.
Unread 03-12-2018, 12:30 PM  
art vandelay
de Madrid

aside from the super bowl, yes.

-Dominic Rhodes
Unread 03-12-2018, 12:46 PM  
Posted in reply to RSE's post starting "I don’t get the Darby hate. He is..."
McCarthy12

McCarthy12 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd prefer Darby over Mills. Darby strikes me as a more complete player. I appreciate everything Mills did last season and the improvement he showed, but I feel like he commits a penalty on almost every pass defended (called or uncalled). He makes me uneasy.
Unread 03-12-2018, 12:49 PM  
Snakebitten

It's very hard to tell what they have after dislocating his ankle. I'd like to see him stick around this year and see how he performs on a contract year.
Snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote