No announcement yet.

Michael Bennett Indicted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By definition there should be 4 eyewitnesses (the 3 security guards and the police officer who witnessed). If we are now at the point where we don't believe a crime occurred unless there is actual clear recorded video footage of the event, that feels like a pretty significant change to jurisprudence.

Comment

Five

Michael Bennett
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        Michael Bennett
        Yes. I meant at least 4 potential prosecution witnesses. Bennett and apparently his sister are witnesses for the defense.

Comment

Just FYI, Iggs save 5.6 mil (with no dead money) if he’s cut...per Eliot SP

Comment

Originally posted by Squire View Post
            By definition there should be 4 eyewitnesses (the 3 security guards and the police officer who witnessed). If we are now at the point where we don't believe a crime occurred unless there is actual clear recorded video footage of the event, that feels like a pretty significant change to jurisprudence.
            I think the suggestion is that at the most photographed, fortified, surveilled event in the world, which also is (or at least treated as it is) the single biggest terrorist target of all time each and every year, the absence of videographic evidence seems a little strange.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
              I think the suggestion is that at the most photographed, fortified, surveilled event in the world, which also is (or at least treated as it is) the single biggest terrorist target of all time each and every year, the absence of videographic evidence seems a little strange.
              McNabb's Puke: 'Hold my beer.'

Comment

there a few things i don't get after reading this article:

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...t_details.html

i don't get how they can indict him a year later for something that they decided didn't even warrant an arrest at the time of the incident.

also, isn't there a statue of limitations on this?
                Last edited by art vandelay; 03-24-2018, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Yes. The Texas Criminal Statute of Limitations for felony injury to an elderly or disabled person is 10 years. Even criminal misdemeanors have a 2 year statute of limitations.

Comment

Fact is...

Originally posted by Squire View Post
                    There have been a number of 'witness' reports that have been refuted by video, which is not a change in jurisprudence, just an example that witnesses can be wrong...
                    How many people have been found guilty by witnesses then found innocent when DNA evidence is brought in? Evidence matters
                    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

As a comparison...

I'll just leave this breathless account of Houston PD police work right here...

https://www.si.com/longform/true-cri...mqb/index.html

One snippet:

"On Monday, NFL security reps began interviewing game-day staff who’d been working in and around the locker room near the time of the suspected theft, before security personnel and potential suspects left Houston. At 2 p.m. on Monday the Houston Police Department filed a report from a complainant: Brady, Tom, 6' 4", 225 pounds and 39 years of age, for a stolen Shirt/Blouse/T-Shirt valued at $500,000.00. Texas lieutenant governor Dan Patrick summoned the Texas Rangers."

Note: A case where a man weighing nearly 300 pounds allegedly shoved an elderly woman (who uses a wheelchair to get around!) did not get similar treatment...as far as I can tell.

Comment

They can just do load management with Bennett when they have to play in Texas.
                        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Didn’t you promise to quit the bored?
                          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Looks like he's hired Houston attorney Rusty Hardin

who, according to wikipedia, got Joel Osteen's wife acquitted of a similar kind of charge, and also kept Anna Nicole Smith from inheriting all of her husband's money.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                              McNabb's Puke: 'Hold my beer.'
                              Point taken.

Comment

No matter what happens trouble seems to find him. This will not work out well IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X