Confidential to golfers here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confidential to golfers here

Good friend of mine got two tickets for Shinnecock yesterday for Christmas and took me with him.

One overriding observation:

It's great to watch pros struggle at the US Open like we do at our local tracks ... but having walked that course, it's actually amazing the winner was around par for the four rounds.

If I stopped on the highway to help a guy fix a flat tire and he told me he was a member at Shinnecock and would take me as his guest to play it, I'm not sure I'd go ... it would be fucking torture ... even not tricked up for the Open.

Tommy Fleetwood shooting 63 yesterday is consequently mind-boggling.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

What's your opinion on Phil? I don't see the big deal. He took the two stroke penalty. But golf is not sacred to me.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

He should have been disqualified ... but I don't really give a fuck that they didn't do it.

My biggest issue with what he did was his post game statement about always wanting to "test" that rule ... I would have rather he said "I lost my cool because I was sick of the bullshit the USGA does to fuck up the US Open" (not in those words) ... which he accomplished anyway because he made the discussion about how fucked up that hole's pin placement was and how fucked up the course was in general on Saturday.

That shit cost Dustin Johnson the championship IMO because he went from two rounds under par to 7 over on Saturday.

When you see a guy shoot 19 fucking strokes better the next day (Fowler), you know they fucked that course up on Saturday.

Comment

Yeah, thinking about it, DQ was probably correct. In this case, it didnt matter much. But you don't want players running up to deflect meaningful putts into the cup.

Comment

Would have been a hoot if the ball had gone in when he hit it though.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            Would have been a hoot if the ball had gone in when he hit it though.
            Wonder if Sergio could have run fast enough to prevent his 13 at Augusta?

Comment

Phil offered to dq hisself.usga said no need. Meanwhile I"m watchin my grass grow

Comment

Working...
              X