Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trey Burton liked this tweet

https://twitter.com/nfl/status/970169493392707585?s=21

Was hoping he’d try to work something out here but doesn’t appear to b the case. Celek probably gone as well. TE huuuge need
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-04-2018, 10:09 AM.

He would be a nice replacement:

https://www.facebook.com/PSUFball/ph...748198/?type=3

Comment

He will most likely be overpaid. Thanks for the memories, Trey.

Comment

Remember when O.J. Howard was in the draft discussion?

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
        That would have meant the Eagles would be going with 2 TE sets, something Pederson's offense really doesn't do that much.

Burton was a nice piece as he was cheap, could do a lot of different things and was a key ST contributor.

I wish Burton the best and think that Gesicki is going to be a great TE for someone other than the Eagles.

Comment

We'll see ... I like Burton and wasn't happy to hear they tried to low ball him but I'm not convinced he's out just because a guy who knows a guy who's supposed to be in the know told some reporter.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Negotiating 101

Comment

He is/was one of my Favorites. I was hoping he would be the type of guy, I want to stayin philly, These guys are great. Cut my pay I dont care, . Guys need to be like Chris Long. Screw the money, have fun. You really want to go someplace like Cleveland, The Jets, etc. Yea you have a ring, but stay in philly your chances are better for another.

Comment

Dude has good hands, can block and runs pretty well. He deserves to hunt down a starting gig. Gimme Mark Andrews from Oklahoma in the draft. Might be gone by the 4th though.

Comment

I have to think someone thinks he's a starter and, as result, will make more money elsewhere. This team did an excellent job of tying up the core over the next few years. Wentz is eventually going to have to get paid. Unfortunately, this team doesn't have the flexibility to overpay for depth.

Comment

he's young and not had a payday

there are a few guys that will go that route on the team, Im sure Robinson being one, we just need to develop another young TE. Iggles don't have the cap room to match any team that wants to over pay the guy.
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

No worries, we have Downtown Billy Brown in the wings!
                      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Won a ring

Now it’s time to get paid.
                        Can’t blame the guy what with football careers typically so short.
                        We’ll always have the Philly Special.
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

agreed on all accounts. burton is too good to come back and get paid backup money. i doubt they'd spend a first on a TE, but after gesicki's combine, i'll be shocked if he falls to 32 anyway.

Comment

Two tight ends are not that uncommon, with both getting paid.

There are starter salaries and there are starter salaries ... but if some team loaded with cap space throws him stupid stacks for 23 catches and 5 TDs, you can't fault him for taking it.

Comment

I think once you get a TE the level of Ertz with a cap hit of $8-10M, you have to either draft a young talent or dumpster dive.

Comment

Working...
                              X