Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys have been kind of quiet on the Sixers lately

Season over?

they are a bit of a jekyl and hyde team of late, really have been that for the last two years, which is to be expected with a core that young. I'm excited to see the upside. Heard on last night's broadcast that they are still the statistically best starting five. That is when figuring out how to play together. Will be nice to see what happens when it all comes together.

Comment

That's because people can't act like the sky is falling anymore. The Sixers have settled in to what they are. The 3 seed in the East.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
        That's because people can't act like the sky is falling anymore. The Sixers have settled in to what they are. The 3 seed in the East.
        They're not even that.. maybe more like the five seed. They need bench help in a big way. Not sure if that's going to happen this season

Comment

Realistically they'll bounce around between 2 and 4, and lose to either the Raptors or the Bucks.

Comment

They looked bad live on Monday - piss poor showing

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
              They looked bad live on Monday - piss poor showing
              Looked great on Wednesday though.

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                Looked great on Wednesday though.

And they'll look real bad the best two games

Comment

They made moves for Belinelli and Ilyasova around February/March last year. They will definitely get some bench help.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                    Realistically they'll bounce around between 2 and 4, and lose to either the Raptors or the Bucks.
                    I think this is discounting the possible improvement of both Simmons and Embiid, which I understand as of late, but I think is shortsighted. As they gelled last year and added scrapheap pieces that fit, they ran off a what, 16 game win streak? A 2 way all star has been added, and the stud that has only played about 5-6 years of basketball has to find his spots with that added piece. They certainly have the room for way more upside this year in my opinion. The raptors and Bucks have MUCH deeper benches and better supporting casts, but the star power is still on the side of the Sixers for this season and for the future. The stank of Fultz looking like a huge bust lingers, but they are in a great spot regardless.

Comment

They need to..

A. Fire Brown (won’t happen)

B. Make a trade or 2...preferably one with Fultz involved
                      Last edited by Ground_Meat; 12-21-2018, 04:57 PM.

Comment

I agree with you 100%. I know my post sounded pessimistic, but I meant to say that people were way too reactionary at the start of the season.

I suppose that having a seriously competitive team for only the second time in almost 15 years will lead to some impatience.

Comment

Working...
                        X