No announcement yet.

Let's just take a roll call right now - If Foles wins three more games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say put both on the market. Whoever garners the most compensation as a consensus, you keep. It’s a good measuring stick to find out who is the most valuable going forward.

Who do you think will garner the most compensation?
    Last edited by Drama Queen; 01-07-2019, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I'm a major Foles fan.

From the snow game against Detroit to the Super Bowl MVP performance, he will always be one of my favorite Eagles of all time.

I also like the way he came back to Philadelphia after being traded by that Chump Kelly to the Rams. He likes our city and will always give us his best effort.

None of what I wrote above is a disrespect on Carson Wentz. We will see what happens.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Durability is a valid consideration.

I liken it to this though: if I was a GM and could go back to 2004, knowing what I know of Eli and Rivers’ career, who would I draft today and build a team around? SKind of start fresh again with a new slate to build a team around.

I’ll take Rivers and bank on the idea that I could build a team around him based off of his skills and intangibles and have more success.

There’s a lot of QBs I would take over Eli.

Michael Irvin? There’s an endless supply of WR’s I would take over him.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
          Who do you want to be the QB next year?
          Wentz is the future of this team. MVP before getting hurt.

Comment

Well said

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            I'm a major Foles fan.

From the snow game against Detroit to the Super Bowl MVP performance, he will always be one of my favorite Eagles of all time.

I also like the way he came back to Philadelphia after being traded by that Chump Kelly to the Rams. He likes our city and will always give us his best effort.

None of what I wrote above is a disrespect on Carson Wentz. We will see what happens.
            I’m a major Foles and Wentz fan. Negatiive division-driven agendas I find unnecessary and slightly dickish. (and I’ve never been dickish... I know what people are thinking so let’s just nip that right here! Right now!)

Comment

Before getting hurt in an OT loss to the Cowboys?
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
                Eli will likely get into the HOF because he played in NY and he got two SB MVP's. That said, he doesn't deserve it. In my opinion, a HOF QB should have at least been considered one of the 5 or so best QB's of his own era. A HOF QB should have won one or at the very least been in the top 5 in several years of MVP voting. Eli has never been the best QB in the NFL for even one season in his career.

In his own era, his brother, Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rodgers all clearly have HOF resumes. I'd probably slot him above Rivers and Flacco.

In my opinion, you win Super Bowl MVP's for being the best QB in a playoff run. You get to the HOF for being one of the best QB's of all time. He's isn't one of the best of his time let alone all time. If you remove the two great Super Bowl runs, his playoff record is atrocious. He has QB'd some of the worst Giants teams of all time. He has a ridiculous number of INT's. I could go on and on.

Will he get in - probably. Should he? No way.

Following this line of thinking, how do you feel about Terry Bradshaw? He was before my time and I know the game was different back then, but if you ignore the four Super Bowls (big ignore, I know) his TD-INT ratio, completion percentage, YPG, YPA, all the metrics used to evaluate quarterbacks, all his numbers are awful.

Where did he rank in his era, in terms of being a Top 5 QB or not?

Comment

After Wentz went down, I thought that winning out, making the playoffs, and a good game from Foles in the WC round would make this a legitimate question.

Foles didn't have the best game but man was he clutch. I don't know if we win that game with 2018 Wentz. But I don't think Foles's performance changed this team's mind about their future. They obviously think that they can do more with Wentz than Foles, and expect Wentz to regain his 2017 form. And Wentz playing at his 2017 level probably wins that game without any drama.

Now if Foles manages to beat the Saints...at that point I would trade Wentz for an outrageous offer (multiple firsts, a second/a good player), but I still don't think the FO sees things that way.

Comment

If Foles gets Birds back into NFCCC, Eagles should trade Wentz for first round picks, targeting the year that Clemson's QB comes out.

If Foles wins NFCCC, plan to keep him as QB for next 5 years.

Comment

You’re right. It was very different back then.

Originally posted by Phoward12 View Post
                      Following this line of thinking, how do you feel about Terry Bradshaw? He was before my time and I know the game was different back then, but if you ignore the four Super Bowls (big ignore, I know) his TD-INT ratio, completion percentage, YPG, YPA, all the metrics used to evaluate quarterbacks, all his numbers are awful.

Where did he rank in his era, in terms of being a Top 5 QB or not?
                      A better measure is to compare the QB with his contemporaries.

Bradshaw was voted on the NFL 1970’s all decade team, which puts him easily in the top 5, if not top 2-3. He scored 32 rushing TD’s and had a cannon arm. I saw both play and the only similarity is that both were prone to being boneheads. Bradshaw was a serious gamer though and called all of his own plays.

I get your point about the stats comparison but that needs to be done in relation to contemporaries. And while we are talking Bradshaw, I’ve never seen a tougher QB play. He took a lot of hits and I remember a play befor a half that he ran for 60+ yards and must have ran over 5 people. That play is still in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                        I'm a major Foles fan.

The Snow Bowl was 99% Shady, though...
                        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Working...
                        X