Any Machado and or Harper update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Machado and or Harper update?

Way more interesting than the rest of the crap on this bored.

THEY BOTH SIGNED WITH OAKLAND A'S.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
      Way more interesting than the rest of the crap on this bored.
      White Sox 7 year $175 million for Machado which is a joke, Phillies should just go 7 years $210 and he would sign, then offer Harper the same thing and bring them both in, then trade for Trout and go to the Series every year.

Comment

in short

no. A whole bunch of posturing and the Phillies seem to be pitting them against each other. Most folks agree the phillies will get one, possibly both, possibly other FAs.

Comment

Harper will not sign for anything less than what the Nats already offered him before the offseason (10 years/$300 mill) so expect a lot more than 7/$210.

However, it's pretty apparent that MLB teams feel that they have more leverage than the players do right now. Boras' biggest free agent client last year (JD Martinez) wasn't even able to get what he wanted and the Sox got him for a bargain by waiting it out.
          Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

I think he will sign for 300mil+

Originally posted by SOS Crunchy View Post
            Harper will not sign for anything less than what the Nats already offered him before the offseason (10 years/$300 mill) so expect a lot more than 7/$210.
            But not because of the nationals. That was an exploding offer, and it's implausible for them to add a $30 mil AAV now (or so we're told).

I think the Machado 7/175 offer is bull.

Comment

I think the owners are pressuring each other not to break the bank until they figure out a new labor deal after this season and Middleton is getting lambasted for wanting to spend crazy money. There could be a strike or lockout coming. It's way out of control. Why they don't have a salary cap and can be a restricted free agent earlier is beyond my comprehension.

Comment

Working...
              X