It's entirely possible we may not have tackle football much longer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's entirely possible we may not have tackle football much longer

lack of insurance could seriously end the game.

Discuss!

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/...-colleges-espn

They'll have to return to the game's original format, helmetless.

Or even the origins of the game wearing only a toga

https://st.depositphotos.com/1758220...-harpastum.mp4
    Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

Ya boi Florio's all over it: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ll-supposedly/
      WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        lack of insurance could seriously end the game.

Discuss!

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/...-colleges-espn
        Not a chance

Comment

I am familiar with the New York assumption of risk rules as they pertain to sports and recreational activities.

And assuming the rest of the country is similar to NY, I believe Florio is right in his point about assumption of risk and how that would seem to temper the concern about no insurance being available for pro, scholastic, and amateur leagues with relatively sophisticated players who understand the risk of CTE etc.
          Last edited by slag; 01-17-2019, 07:18 PM.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Not to mention that it’s the NFL, so “sticker shock” will never be an issue. May be less carriers with higher costs, but they damn near print money.
            WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

I didn't read the article, just glancing though, but large trucking companies self-insure, is this not an option for the NFL, they are certainly big enough?

Comment

Good point. I'm not sure; perhaps one of our legal brethren can weigh in?
                WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

My Pop Warner football teams hit harder

than this league!
                  OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                  "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                    I didn't read the article, just glancing though, but large trucking companies self-insure, is this not an option for the NFL, they are certainly big enough?
                    I would think the NFL could self insure. The larger issue would be starting at the youth level and High School level. You need these as feeder systems to get quality players to the college level, and then college to get the players to NFL. Without insurance for those levels of play the talent pool will dry up.

Comment

Originally posted by harls View Post
                      I would think the NFL could self insure. The larger issue would be starting at the youth level and High School level. You need these as feeder systems to get quality players to the college level, and then college to get the players to NFL. Without insurance for those levels of play the talent pool will dry up.
                      Good point Harls,

I guess I would agree with you at the grade school/high school level, Colleges on the other hand seem to make good money with there athletic programs when they can pay coaches NFL type salaries?

Comment

It’s my opinion that all boys should first play tackle football without pads a la rugby. I started playing tackle football when I was eight, almost always with older kids. The thing about that is nobody tackles with his head or by throwing himself at the ball carrier. You have to form tackle with your head on the ball carrier’s hip, your own hips square and driving with your legs. I played in pads from age 11 to 17 and never hurt my neck or got my bell rung making a tackle.
                        Last edited by RSE; 01-19-2019, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X